SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tj_li41

Curtain suggestion

TJ Li
last year

Trying to put a curtain over this west facing arch door, which gets the foyer hot in the summer. The wall is pearl white. The door trim is black iron. The foyer wall facing the door has silver metal wall art on it. Plan to put green moss artwork onto the wall next to the stairs. What color of curtains works? floor to ceiling is just under 120 inch. Ideally, I would hang the curtains from close to the ceiling, but not sure I like the look of fabric draping onto the floor. The top of the arch to the floor is 100 inches. The shorter length 108 inch curtains would start somewhere in the middle between the ceiling and the top of the arch door. Does that lower the feel of the ceiling? Do I use a black metal iron rod to match the door trim even if the grommet is nickel? When the curtains are open, does it look odd to have a big black rod on top, which destroys the beauty of the arch? Or should I get a white rod, which blends into the white wall? But white rods tend to look plasticky. Any other smart glass door covering ideas besides curtains to preserve the beauty of the arch? Thx a million for your input!

Comments (11)