SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dc_reno

Placement of shower ledge and controls

DC Reno
last year

Hi all,

we're doing a walk-in shower that is about 36 x 50. I have to decide on the placement of a shower ledge (which I prefer to a niche) and the controls. The plumber put the connections for the controls on the short wall under the shower head - he says I told him to, but I have no recollection of that.. anyway, I am considering whether to move the controls to the long wall and have the ledge on the short wall under the shower head. These are my options:

- keep the controls on the short wall and have the ledge below them, at approx 39 inches from the floor. Alternatively, raise the ledge to 55 inches and have the controls on the ledge itself.

- move the controls to the long wall and have the ledge on the short wall. This would allow me to move the ledge higher, to about 45 inches (or higher if I wanted).

Any thoughts? I'd love to have the ledge on the long wall, but that will make the shower too narrow. I think having the controls on the long wall will be more convenient as we can turn them on without stepping fully into the shower.

This is the shower system we have bought:

https://www.build.com/delta-dss-trinsic-1401/s973724?uid=2415273&searchId=gqxEgXFhxv

thank you for any advice!

Comments (2)