SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jehanne_hansen

Brother sewing machine?

There was a recent discussion here about inexpensive sewing machines and I have a couple of questions that some might be able to help with.

I have a little grand daughter in Orlando who is 7 years old.

When she was with me last summer for a very brief visit, we got a few minutes to spend in my sewing room and she loved it! It was such a short time.

We might be going down to visit in a couple of months and we would probably fly. I would like to take my time at home and buy a simple machine for her and make all the right decisions about it, and all that. But, how to carry such a thing on the plane?

More feasible would be to wait until I get there and just buy her a new inexpensive machine.

I dont know the area that well and probalby wont have much ability to shop around for a nice used one in Orlando, as I would do here at home.

I know some of you have liked the little Brother machines and I am wondering if that might the easiest thing to do is to get one down there.

One problem is that I have to be there to help her with it, and I am not there very often. I would hope that I can get her started on how to use it safely.

I was sewing at her age, but I my mother was a sewing momma.

Does anyone know of a good resell outlet in Orlando that I might take a look at?

And, which Brother did you buy that you like?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths