SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johnnewengland

Best (for me) laundry soap in Miele W1 ?

johnnewengland
last year
last modified: last year

I am in the US, and am buying the base unit washer WXD160 WCS
Is the Ultra Phase Sensitive system usable without TwinDos ? Other recommendations? Reasonably priced hopefully.
I plan to not use any "softeners" as in chemicals intended to make clothes feel softer, does the vinegar help do that? Nor will I use any fragrance beyond maybe a couple drops of essential oil in the wool dryer balls. My son has skin conditions exacerbated by them
I love the idea of Dr Bronner "Sal Suds" https://www.drbronner.com/products/sal-suds-biodegradable-cleaner
No matter what product, I plan to use absolute MINIMUM quantities possible, starting at half what is specified, and ideally reducing from there. Longevity of the machine is TOP priority, even more than perfect washing performance
but so many advise more "modern" detergents, especially designed for the Euro HE front loaders, tiny amounts of water and heat, weaker agitation. Enzymes? Biological detergents for protein stains? Only use when needed (blood, plant / food stains) ? No good for wool though I understand
I do not want strong acids or bleaches Is "optical brighteners" just bleach? Harmful?
Finally, we have pretty hard water apparently, as in limescale forms. Is adding vinegar a good solution for that ? (heh heh)
Is vinegar too harsh / acidic as a cleaner, from a spray bottle using microfiber to wipe down the surfaces, door seal ?
Should I look for a detergent with "water softening agents" ? How? I believe citric acid is the usual one?
Thanks in advance

Comments (10)