SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_72899892

For the first time in ages, I'm getting a jump on Christmas shopping!

User
last year

I'm so excited, as I'm usually scratching my head about what to buy for the few people we do buy for anymore. The older everyone gets, the less they want or need, and it's been a struggle trying to balance it all out while giving useful gifts. Last year we gave all consumables (except to the teens - they are happy with gift cards, and that's easy on us), and that was only slightly challenging with finding items that suited the recipients perfectly and then ensuring delivery in timely fashion.

So far for 2022 gifting, I've got a vintage art deco tea set coming for my mom. She found it online and I told her to just stop looking at it. She knew exactly what that meant, so it'll be hers to unwrap on Christmas morning. Still unsure of what to get for my dad. He'll be having a surgical procedure in January so my mind goes to items that will be comforting to him -- although having had medical issues that sidelined him for much of this year, he's pretty much already got those needs covered. I'll keep thinking.

I've ordered custom Yeti water bottles for siblings and sibling-in-law. They have some really cool designs, so I chose outdoorsy themes for two of them and a favorite dog breed for another. They're personalized with the recipients' first names on the other side. I'm very impressed with the custom Yeti products, having given one to a colleague earlier this year, and having received one as a gift that has my monogram on it. They're very well made, the customization looks terrific, and they're practical.

I'm putting together a basket for my supervisor containing things that she can bake with her kids over the holiday. I've ordered some personalized wooden spoons and the cutest tea towel from Etsy sellers; the towel will have a rendering of my supervisor and her family in front of a Christmas tree -- well, here's a photo that someone submitted in their review of the product. I think it's so cute!

It just feels good to be a little bit ahead of the game ... for once. How about you? Started yet?

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville