SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Pink Daylilies From the 2022 Season

shive
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

This thread is the place to share your pictures of pink daylilies. From salmon pink to true pink, from rose to coral pink, place your pretties on the photo parade. This is the first of our Houzz color posts. The next color will be lavender.

"Anything is possible with sunshine and a little pink." - Lilly Pulitzer

Browns Ferry Debutante was a new one for me that performed well.

More to come later!

Debra

Comments (41)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 months ago

I'll tuck a few of mine in while I can. BTW: I enjoy seeing how the Douglas hybrids are doing for people. Yours is very pretty:

Not to everyone's taste, but I like a good double now and then. The white edge makes this interesting:

Ann's Love:

Long bloom period with a nice rebloom this year later in the season:

Clown Cabaret:

Didn't do as well in the 105 plus heat this season, but still a reliable pink. This is earlier in the AM then usual for my pictures. Around 9AM:

Honky Tonk Barbie:

I'll do a few more in the comments section so as not to press my luck...........Maryl

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 months ago

Sweet Summer Secret showing its usual triangular form. Another good rebloomer this year:

First time for everything.

Wild Cherry Wine had never rebloomed, but she did this year:

And in tribute to our host on this header:

Dearest Valentine:

Maryl

• Related Discussions

A daylilies 2022

Q

Comments (35)
    Lots of A's added since I looked. Nancy and Debra: All of My Love is tempting me. Must be strong..........Mantis: Any differences you care to mention about the two similar Ashwoods Dark Night and Still Night? Your picture of Ashwood Rings of Saturn is an attention getter...............Heather: I like your Alan Lane Agin. I had it for one season and liked its color quite a bit but it didn't overwinter here unfortunately.....Steve your picture of a Bodacious Pattern is a beauty...........Maryl
    ...See More

C daylilies 2022

Q

Comments (28)
    Connie Can't Have It has never done anything here, so Connie can have it as far as I am concerned. Sometimes, things actually do better north of here, but we certainly have snow cover now. Change of Heart --I think this is a super plant. Of course, it grows at the estate where it gets lots of sun. Very reliable. Comanche Drums Catastrophe Waitress --doesn't like hot sun Cup of Cold Water --not a fast increaser Christopher Hitchens --lovely, but moderate increase. Nice later one, but could be a tad taller. Cherokee Star --good grower and brilliant in late midseason Cloud Rider --has grown from a single fan Clash of Absolutes --excellent color, but plant not so good Cradle of Bethlehem --Got a bad plant years ago, but is now showing its stuff. I was surprised. Carrick Wildon --very bright Carolina Dale --stands out in garden, but bud count won't leave you breathless Curtis Montgomery --will probably not amount to much here. It took a long time just to bloom. Chicago Girls --pictured in a pot; too early to evaluate in ground, I got it later as I am not on the A (or B) list. Caribbean Whipped Cream --short, but such a welcome sight in the earlier garden. Cedar Waxwing --simple but alluring, so it has managed to stay around. Crystal Castles Cancun Candy --picture from 2020. Not so nice this year. I fear it may be an evergreen that deteriorates. Crintonic Beautiful Day I am liking more each year Carolina Cool Down was a great performer this past year. Carl Sagan - would like a half inch larger Crying in the Wilderness --on the short side Changed in a Moment looks promising. That morning eyezone is such a standout. Classy Columbus was a gift to attendees of the Columbus convention (not me). Crintonic Painted Desert. Pictures can exaggerate the coloring. A slow grower. I have a small piece of this. Creation Rejoices --an earlier Emmerich
    ...See More

I daylilies 2022

Q

Comments (14)
    Sherry, that shot of Indian Giver is gorgeous! Indian Ripple is also beautiful. Amazingly enough, it is an orange that we don't have, probably because it is a diploid. Infinity and Beyond is another that caught my eye. The name bugs me, though. I think it should be 'To Infinity and Beyond'. Anyway, thats what Buzz Lightyear said in Toy Story. Here are some of our I's. Here is a close-up of I Lava You. We can't wait to see this at clump strength. Impassioned is an exciting one--normally more bitone than this picture shows. Irish Vampire Fangs almost died its first year, but now it's doing fine. I don't love the color though. I think it's a bit muddy. This photo shows it better than it really is. Isla Morada is a southern bred that hasn't done very well here. It was purchased because of the bubbly colored edge (which you can't really see in this photo because of the recurve of the petals). I prefer less recurve on petals. That's all for me. Nancy
    ...See More

Lavender Daylilies of 2022

Q

Comments (36)
    I agree with Brad. You have quite the selection of lavenders. I envy all those people who get lavender not mauve. Don't get me wrong, I like my mauves, but would also like a little variation............ Christopher Hitchens is one that draws my attention. Don't see that working in my garden though. I also like the pattern on Contributing Editor as well as the color. Really, all of them look lovely so hard to single out only a few................Maryl
    ...See More
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il
    2 months ago

Here are some favorite pinks from my garden. I would have included a photo of Crystalline Entity but it had a horrible season here, no good photos.

Banshee Whisper is a great performer here although last season was not its best. This bonus plant multiplied quickly.

Before is an early bloomer. It benefitted from a move to a sunnier spot.

Coast to Coast is a mid/late bloomer here. The color varied day to day from light to medium pink.

Final Touch did great this past season.

Oldie Jolyene Nicole always looks good.

Neon Flamingo a favorite new addition here.

Sweet Isabella, a favorite

Zuzu’s Treasure, Debra’s beauty

A sunny picture of one of Debra’s unregistered babies…….a great performer here.

Strength and Beauty, a lovely bloom, a bit slow to multiply.

Sherry

• shive
    Original Author
    2 months ago

I had trouble posting my photos on Houzz last night and lost the first two I tried with 10 photos. I was finally able to upload one photo when using editing. But attempts to add more photos with editing failed. I hope things are working better today for everyone.

Sherry and Maryl - Your pinks are lovely! It's fun to see some of my creations among your cultivars.

Maryl, thanks for posting Dearest Valentine. I did not get a good picture of it this year, so I'm happy to see yours. I love Sweet Summer Secrets and Clowns Cabaret. I've always been fond of Salter pinks.

Sherry - Sweet Isabella always attracts my attention. Your photo of Final Touch is especially pretty, and I like how Zuzu's Treasure looks in your garden.

Because of the high temps and a lack of overcast days, I did not take as many photos of pinks as in the past. Here are some of my better photos:

American Doll has grown here for many years. It's a sweet pink I'll always grow.

Allegheny Skyline is sort of a lavender rose color.

Carefree Sunset has survived many years in a pot.

The Color of Wonderful is a great multiplier and rebloomer.

Carolina Pale Face is a nice Browns Ferry intro.

Dancing Flamingo - The grubs have gotten this one. I hope it will rebound.

Divas in Diamonds was tall and lovely this year and even kept one of its pods.

I'm Gonna Love You Through It had bud counts in the high teens this year, but its still at only three fans after many years. I think I'll move it in the Spring to see if another place helps it multiply.

Judy's Jewel is finally multiplying, now that I've found the right grub killer.

Last Chance for Romance is always a good performer in the very late season. It had the most buds of any pink I grow.

Zuzu's Treasure has rebloomed for the third year in a row.

Debra

• shive
    Original Author
    2 months ago

More pinks from my 2022 garden:

Linda Gluck

Maney Augustine has grown into a nice clump.

Memphis was not at its best with the 100-degree temperatures.

Neon Flamingo made a striking clump last summer, despite having divided it the year before.

Pink Aloha was very pale in last summer's heat.

Old Time Italian did not have many scapes last year, and for the first time ever did not rebloom.

"Cexy" Samantha in the early season

Pink Lemonade Party is usually a terrific rebloomer., but this year did not put up even one rebloom scape.

Pretty Desirable

Promises Kept - The hotter it is, the better this one looks. It scoffs at hundred-degree temps.

Princess Diary made an impressive clump this year.

Watermelon Summer - This is it's second year here. It did rebloom, but it's very slow to multiply.

• daylilybedmaker
    2 months ago

Since I recently posted all of my Bennett blooms from this past year under my Bennett posting, I won't include any of his in this posting.

LEGENDS OF THE FALL: An early bloomer and consistent in performance. Blooms for several weeks.

OUR FRIEND OLIN: Ruffles galore and very flat.

PRAIRIE PINK LACE: More of a dusty rose. Tight ruffles for a dip and has no problems opening.

BORN TO BE AWESOME: I love white midribs.

Continued in the comments.

• daylilybedmaker
    2 months ago

AIN'T SHE NICE: A great pink

Belle of Ashwood: a classic

WHITE EYES PINK DRAGON

WIDE AWAKE: Slow to increase

Elegant Candy

ASHWOOD SUMMER SUNSHINE

PINK TARANTULA

SHORES OF TIME

CHARLOTTE ROYCROFT

SWEEPING SHADOWS

CONTINUED

• daylilybedmaker
    2 months ago

FROSTED PINK ICE

WREN'S SONG

PINK STRIPES

That is all from me for the pinks.

David

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    2 months ago

So many lovely pinks!

David, Born to be Awesome is my favorite by far……love it.

Debra, Im still drooling over your Last Chance for Romance. I finally decided mine just disappeared.

Maryl, you always show us such pretty photos! I love Ann’s Love, I really like doubles.

OMG, I forgot Itza Pink Teddy, my favorite bonus plant ever!

And coco’s Curiosity

Sherry

• shive
    Original Author
    2 months ago

David - I think Legends of the Fall is my favorite of yours. Those are exceptional photos of Shores of Time and Pink Stripes!

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 months ago

So many nice ones so far. A few that have stood out are: Sherry: Final Touch. I always like this one when you post it and I like the pattern displayed by Strength and Beauty. Don't know what the pencil eye is called officially by the AHA, but it's one I am drawn to..........David: Ditto on the circle pattern on Ashwood Summer Sunshine. I also like Prairie Pink Lace...........Debra: I always like your pinks but this time Carefree Sunset was one I looked up as I don't remember it from before. Yes, I agree. High heat was not a friend to the color of Pink Aloha..........Maryl

• mantis__oh
    2 months ago

Gradually sorting through 2022 pictures, which overwhelmed around midseason and didn't get labeled. Here are a few in a very broad category.

Boss Lady with Blushing Escapade in foreground.

Pink Panther Paws. Not 37 inches, but lots of bloom and vigorous.

Love n Loujean --good grower and fetching flower.

Silver Ice --a Munson that has stayed

Most years, Memphis has had a modest bud count, but the flower wows.

Heartbeat of Heaven on a good day.

Jubilee Ball

Love Sculpture Was good size this year, but not the 6 inches registered

Natalie Antoinette

Davi's Dilemma, Judy's favorite color

Master Harper. Nice color, but Mike's measuring tape is off by about an inch.

Purdy Rich. Colors could be cleaner, but seems to grow well.

The old Fuchsia Kiss

And Seminole Wind

Calamity Jane. Can be striking, but slow multiplying and sometimes erratic opening.

Bird Bath Pink

Will go through more 2022s later.

• shive
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Mantis - You have so many nice pink clumps. It's good to see Natalie Antoinette again, and I do like Pink Panther Paws. How tall is it for you?

Here are some of my pink seedlings:

Dancing Flamingo X Bubblegum Delicious - This 7.5-inch pink has been lined out and will be registered soon. Scapes range from 31-34 inches. The first few blooms are always 8 inches. In years with rain, it has bud counts from 17-21 and reblooms profusely.

Grandma's Smile x Dearest Valentine - This is the one that has had the highest bud count in my garden the past two years. Six inch blooms on 29-inch scapes. It's a bud builder and a good rebloomer. It sulks some after dividing, but I hope it will be a registration in a couple of years.

Seedling x Pink Aloha - This one had bud counts in the 20s two seasons ago, but had very low bud counts in our drought.

Two seedlings from the cross of Cexy Samantha and Bubblegum Delicious:

Grandma's Smile x Bubblegum Delicioius

Dancing Flamingo X a UF - 10-inch bloom on 40-inch scapes. So far bud count has been low (10-11), but I like it.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    2 months ago

Of all my pinks, Sugar Magnolia surpassed herself. She bloomed and rebloomed and was just beautiful.

I will post others later

kay

• Brad KY 6b
    2 months ago

I'm late! Lots going on here. I will comment on all of yours another time.

Chance Encounter. Using it for hybridizing.

Two seedlings from Chance Encounter x Full Grown

Full Grown

Seedling Smoky Mt. Autumn x Jolyene Nichole

White Eyes Pink Dragon, first year

Jolyene Nichole

Castle Pinkney

Brad

• Brad KY 6b
    2 months ago

I'm back from voting. Here's my favorites from above:

Top 3:

Prairie Pink Lace

Seedling x Pink Aloha

Seedling Dancing Flaming x UF

Shores of time

Color of Wonderful

Allegheny Skyline [can't wait to see mine next year, thanks Debra]

Sweet Isabela

Final Touch

Dearest Valentine

Wild Cherry Wine

Itza Pink Teddy

ZuZu's Treasure [mine will need to go under lavender!]

Last Chance for Romance

Brad

• shive
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Kay - The clump of Sugar Magnolia is just wonderful! I hope you will post more pinks later!

Brad - Your seedlings are my favorites of yours! Thanks for posting!

Debra

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    2 months ago

I'm late to the party again. So many beautiful pinks--it's so hard to pick a favorite.

Delinquent Doll is on the fence concerning color. It's registered as pink but tends toward the lavender. It's a great late blooming daylily--sets seeds too.

Heavenly Pink Angel is one of Jamie Gossard's small dip ufs. It's got a great scape, but I think the color is a bit dirty.

Horsing Around was one of the daylilies in the bed that got smashed by the pine tree. It just now recovering. It has been a good grower for us.

Irish Vampire Fangs is another pink with some lavender tones.

Jammin's Lipstick Kisses has done ok here. I was afraid it might be tender.

Lincoln Andres is more of a rose. It's a great grower here.

Martha Edson Norris is one of the few full formed diploids we grow.

On Your Knees You Will Find Him has done well here although I have never gotten it to set any seed.

More to come . . .

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    2 months ago

This is Papa Goose.

Paradise Road is another late blooming daylily that really put on a show this year.

Red Eyed Queen is a southern bred daylily that has done well for us.

Rosie Cottons Ribbons is showing less edge than she usually does.

That's all for me.

Nancy

• shive
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Nan - You have a lot of neat pinks. I think my favorites are Papa Goose, Delinquent Doll and Red Eyed Queen. Rosie Cotton's Ribbons had less of an edge here last season, but its color was much darker than your picture. It has multipllied well, so I hope to get a good clump shot of it next year.

Debra

• mantis__oh
    2 months ago

More pinks and roses appearing as I sort through last July's pics.

Fiesta Panties. Short but colorful

wall of fire

Vicky's Radiance with Elegant Candy in background

Roman Cohort

The Future of Desire

Mister Bubbles had its best year, with ample water in a drier part of the garden.

Miss Money Penney --has bean pole scape of many of Dan's, but better bud count than many in North

Martha Hale. Interesting veining. Has its share of imperfect flowers.

Sweet Isabella

In Hot Pursuit --out of In the Heart of It All

A Lot Like Love --looks as though it will have decent height here, and I like the form.

Joy Came Down

Picture in Picture --a not-so-vigorous Stamile, but has good height, albeit so-so bud count.

Neon Flamingo

• mantis__oh
    2 months ago

Pink Panther Paws was just under 30 inches here last summer, as I recall. I remember it as a bit taller than that in previous years.

Grandma's Smile left the garden. Like so many Smith cultivars, it blooms on scapes barely above the foliage here in the North. The edge, of course, was never as impressive as in pics.

Red Eyed Queen is one I don't see much offered. Waldrops in general are slow multipliers here. Lydia's Regal Robe is probably the most vigorous.

I am interested in an evaluation of Papa Goose. It has won a number of awards, but the award system is skewed to the South (and maybe generally askew).

Judy's Jewel is an eyecatcher. I am wary of some of its parentage, though Holley's Cancun Candy does well here (at least so far). Princess Diary is out of Symphony of Praise, which is hardy here but slow to multiply. Certainly looks appealing. Other Bells I have tried have not done well.

Pink Lemonade Party actually was a phoenix last year, with its first blooms in a long time. It was that kind of year for some.

Legends of the Fall is one I have eyed. I like the early blooming too.

The Bubblegum Delicious seedlings all look good. The Smoky Mountain Autumn seedling has lavish ruffling. Are its stats (bud count, height) also appealing?

Kiss My Aura did well here. Its bud count does not overwhelm, but acceptable for the North.

• shive
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Mantis - That's a great photo of Roman Cohort! Mine did better than most here last year, but I didn't manage to get a photo of it. The Mister Bubbles clump looks nice. I moved mine out three years ago when I changed that raised bed into a seedling bed. Judy's Jewel does have a pretty bloom , but it's a slow multiplier and has never been as tall as registered here. Grandma's Smile did well here for several years, but it's now in too much shade to bloom well. It's another one I didn't photograph last year since I was too busy at midseason photographing seedlings.

Debra

• mantis__oh
    2 months ago

A new tranche of pictures from photo review (almost like batches of election returns). May as well post them.

Lacy Reinke. A modest bud count, but garners attention with its coloration.

Forsyth Frost Bound --a bicolor that I castigated in previous years as weak (which it is), but it showed off this year. What was it--winter snow cover, heavy early June rain?

Doctor Handsome

Blue Pink Beauty --excellent scape and delicious color

April La Quinta --just above the foliage and modestly budded, but can throw a ravishing flower

Belle Cook --short, but always nice flowers

Sitting Cool --beguiling shades of cream and pink

Vulcan Logic --an unusual coloration that gets attention

A Heart Apart. Impeccable large rose blooms, on a Davisson that is not UF.

Hush Little Baby --Consistent and a classic to some

In Living Color --a superior Hanson cultivar, vivid and vigorous, largely undiscovered by many.

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis --another Smith cultivar that is past tense because of low scapes in North.

Montana Miss --somehow this has managed to stay in the garden. Does make a bright spot.

Memorial to Steve --heavily budded, but not the most compelling shade of pink

How Lovely You Are --big bud count

Diana's Evening Gown --can throw some ravishing blooms, but like many Waldrops, not a vigorous grower here.

Faith Healer --

First Crush --nice this season, though, of course, a front-of-the-row plant

• mantis__oh
    2 months ago

I would guess that Honky Tonk Barbie is a great pot plant. Here, in the ground, it is not 30 inches. I think you mentioned, Maryl, that rebloom was taller than original bloom. Same here.

Hope to see more of yours, Kay.

Bored Housewife --vigorous and floriferous. A bit of a space hog, but there are worse.

Katherine Marin --great display this year. Not a fast multiplier

• mantis__oh
    2 months ago

Another orchid pink as I looked for purples.

Crintonic Beautiful Day

• mantis__oh
    2 months ago

Electric Ladyland --has good height.

• Brad KY 6b
    2 months ago

Mantis, My favorite of your pinks are Roman Cohort, Wall of Fire, and Future of Desire. Great colors and forms. Picture in Picture is also pretty; too bad it isn't vigorous. Otherwise I'd say it was my favorite based on color.

Brad

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 months ago

Well, my comments have disappeared twice now Mantis, so I give up.........Maryl

• mantis__oh
    2 months ago

Regina Sitko --a big one. Afternoon takes a toll, but it was a hot earlier summer.

Rhinestone Cowboy. Last year, rebloom, but not this year.

• shive
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Mantis - Nice clump shot of Regina Sitko! That one is always more red than pink here. I didn't get a photo of it last year. Rhinestone Cowboy looks more lavender than pink to me, but I see it's registered as rose. It's very pretty!

Debra

• mantis__oh
    2 months ago

Yes, I was going to add Regina to the reds, but checked the hybridizer's description, and it was described as a "red pink."

Soft Summer Night --a Stamile that I have kept

Half Moon Key --low bud count, but looked good this year

No Boys Allowed --limited bud count here so far

• shive
    Original Author
    2 months ago

kay - What a nice group of pinks!. I like Whip City You've Got What It Takes. I don't remember seeing that one before. I'm always drawn to Peppy and that's a lovely shot of Dearest Valentine. It doesn't look like Dearest Valentine multiplies very well for you. Is that the case?

Debra

• organic_kitten
    2 months ago

Hi Debra, No, so far it hasn't but it has added a fan and I am hoping to see it multiply better as it ages.

kay

• mantis__oh
    2 months ago

How did you end up with a Whip City cultivar? What do you know about the hybridizer?

• organic_kitten
    2 months ago

Mantis, I have a couple of Lori Jones Whip City cultivars. Harmon Hills Farms sells many of her daylilies, and I saw "You've Got What It Takes, liked it and bought it.

kay

• shive
    Original Author
    2 months ago

kay - I wonder if Dearest Valentine is too dormant to do well in your area. It's a fast multiplier here, and I know it multiplied well for Julia. It seems to multiply slowly for Maryl too.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    2 months ago

It may be, but it may just need a bit more time and a bit of babying...time will tell, but it has beautiful blooms, so it earns its place. I may move it and see if it likes another area better which is sometimes the case.

kay

• organic_kitten
    2 months ago

I found this one of Sugar Magnolia and I love this photo so have to reprint it!

kay

• organic_kitten
    2 months ago

Can't miss Pink Tarantula

kay

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars237 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 15x Best of Houzz