SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bozena_waclawik

Help, standing seam metal roof

We signed a contract for standing seam metal roof and we got exposed fasteners on the roof along the gable, no proper gable or other trim etc. The builder paid the roofer and claims now that we got a standing seam metal roof (there are seams standing) and that there are different ways of putting it on. Below is the picture of the edge of the front porch roof, which made me think how my roof is suppose to last 40 to 70 years when freezing water will be pulling the screws out every winter. After watching for half a day you tube videos how to install standing seam metal roofs i see now that our instalation is not properly done, and we do not have all the benefits of standing seam metal roof.

I contacted the manufacturer of the metal. There are no specifications on their side, only pictures of a roof without fasteners

I am looking right now for some kind of an industry specifications/standards dokument (not different testimonials from roofing companies) stating what a standing seam metal roof suppose to be. My internet aquire knowledge is not enough to farther mitigate the problem. Help. (the pitch of the roof is only 6:12. I needed to hold my phone at the angle)

Comments (9)