SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_553845768

Asian Purple Sweet Potato Cuttings & Slips Variety Packs For Sale

D W
last year

Each Variety Pack (10+ Total) will include 2-4 cuttings of each variety which are clearly separated and labeled in each shipment.

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/pqas76G

The Murasaki sweet Potato variety is a purple-skinned Japanese sweet potato with unique white-flesh and a distinctive nutty flavor. The purple skin beauty's soft white flesh is loaded with vitamin C and dietary fiber and will be a summer standout in your garden and kitchen. Robust and Vigorous, Murasaki is resistant to both southern root-knot nematode and Fusarium root rot.

The Molokai purple sweet potato is a local Hawaiian variety that is as tasty as it is nutritionally beneficial. A signature type on the islands, but seldom offered elsewhere. They are much higher is antioxidants than the traditional orange fleshed variety that most people are used to. The deep purple skin and flesh is super high in anthocyanins. Purple sweet potatoes are a fantastic food for people with diabetes: the carbohydrates in sweet potatoes break down more slowly than white potatoes, releasing glucose gradually into the blood stream. Anthocyanin have also been shown to aid in the prevention of diabetes. The flesh is super sweet and creamy, perfect as is when baked or roasted, needing no further adornment.

Okinawan Sweet Potatoes are believed to have come from the Aztecs of South America with the Spaniards to the Philippines and China in the 1490s, the plant of these sweet potatoes did not reach Japan until the 1600s. The initial planting was in Okinawa—the southern island of Japan—before they were cultivated throughout Japan, hence the name. Eventually these purple tubers ended up in Hawaii and became a part of the native menu—they are also known as Hawaiian sweet potatoes. With a creamy, beige skin on the outside and bluish-purple flesh on the inside, these sweet potatoes are grown in Hawaii for the U.S. market. Okinawan sweet potatoes have a mildly sweet flavor with notes of honey and a dry, very starchy texture. According to The Blue Zones by Dan Buettner, consumption of these potatoes is correlated to living a longer life.

Purple Stokes sweet potato offers a well-balanced sweetness and texture. This variety is unique with purple skin and rich purple flesh that intensifies when cooked. Aside from its unique bold color it also contains anthocyanin antioxidants (just like blueberries) and is a good source of vitamin C and fiber, making it healthy and nutritious.

You will receive cuttings that are quick & easy to root in water and/or a pot of soil. If requested, I can root them for you before shipping,
They can be planted in the garden once rooted, where they'll spread over the ground and start making those delicious sweet potatoes! Dig them out after about 4-6 months, or when the vines start to decline in the fall.

All of my plants are grown organically and chemical-free! I am not certified organic but I grow everything organically using only organic growing methods and improve my soil naturally with my own-made organic compost!

The pictures are from my actual garden and harvest!

Each purchase will include FREE GOODIES of seeds and heirloom tomato cuttings (SPRING ONLY for tomato cuttings): Your choices of Asian cucumber, Winter Melon, Echinacea Purpurea Cone Flower, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Asian eggplant and MORE.

NOTE: I will ship extra cuttings/slips with every order just in case some don’t survive the mail

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: If there are at all any issues or questions, please contact me so that I can resolve any problems!

PLEASE FAVORITE ME AS A SELLER AND CHECK BACK AS I PLAN TO OFFER OTHER AMAZING SWEET POTATO VARIETIES ALL YEAR LONG

ALSO FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT TO ME VIA MESSAGE AND/OR EMAIL FOR ANY SPECIAL AND CUSTOM REQUESTS!

EMAIL: DW711325@gmail.com

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Comment

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths