SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debs_mcgraw

Home Office Switch and Furniture Placement

debs_mcgraw
last year
last modified: last year

I have a traditional home. (Design wise I'm heading toward transitional.) Typical walk in the front door, living room to the left and the dining room toward the back. We never used the living room although it was cool to look at! I had 4 large (34" x 40") cream chairs that I upholstered in the same fabric and would love to use a couple of them in the new configuration. I recently moved the dining room into the living room and made the old dining room another study/home office. The new study is 14' x 17' with 9' ceilings so it is a large space with lots of potential.

View from front door.

View from the new study

View from the dining room

View of the bookcase in relation to the desk

I'm struggling with the furniture placement. The desk is 59"w x32"d and is new. The view out the large window is beautiful so currently the desk placement takes full advantage of it.

*The chandelier is being replaced with a flush mount light fixture.

*I have thought of painting out the gold to black on the bookcase piece to tone it down.

*The open air plant piece in the corner can stay or go somewhere else.

*I have thought of floating the desk but cords are an issue. (I hate cords!) This is a working office and my husband has 2 monitors and a computer that have cords....ugh! There is no electrical in the floor and it is costly to add it.

I so appreciate your time and creative juices.

I'm open to any and all ideas.

Thank you!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!