SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemarieberry

Advice on TV wall please- new entertainment center, or console, etc?

Rose S
last year

Hello!

I would love some advice on what to do with the wall the TV is hung. The room is about 11.5 ft x 19 ft. Has leather couch and love seat, electric fireplace (I’ve grown very tired of), and sliding glass door to patio that takes up a full wall. I’ve included pictures of room and a picture of more modern electric fireplace we put in when we finished basement.

I fell in love with white wood built in shelves but I’m sure hiring someone would be out of budget (very low budget of $1-2k). We are not handy at all so finagling IKEA shelves, etc, into built ins wouldn’t work. I’m not against a large entertainment center (not sure of color- white or dark wood). Some I’ve priced are almost as long as the wall (about 9ft) so it would be close to built in look. I also thought about a long console and floating selves on either side of TV.

Most neighbors keep their couches on the wall to the right of TV, and the back wall opposite the TV. I disliked having to walk through the room to get to sliding door, so I moved the opposite couch up and put a runner behind it to 1) make the room more square and 2) offer a direct route to backyard without walking in front of guests.

Thank you I’m advance for your time and advice!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource