SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
g_indecisive

Help! White or Natural Dark Wood for chairs with White Table

G Indecisive
last year

Hi all! I am stumped and would love some help!!!After years of yellow maple wood floors, refinished them dark and now feel the need to lighten up our mostly dark furniture. I’m all into white these days, still in debate whether it “cheapens” a rich classic look…but I am wanting to modernize a bit.

So, decided to go with a white round dining table in our formal dining room and can’t decide whether to go white for chairs or keep the natural dark brown wood. Went crazy painted the walls that rich dark teal color (I LOVE!!!). I love mustard as a contrast with the wall color and am leaning towards the chair upholstery going in a mustard/yellow hue. With that said - white or keep natural dark wood?

FWIW - I LOVE our sideboard buffet but have been debating whether to keep it or not bc of this whole white debate. If chairs end up white, I wonder if it’ll look odd as the only last “real wood” piece In the room.,,of course, aside from the new floors. And also will have to decide rug…but will probably do that last.

Comments (9)