SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kkcaskey

Today’s Thermador more reliable?

kkcaskey
last year

I have decision fatigue. I’ve researched and read every post. I’ve been set on a group of appliances (42” sub-zero, 36” wolf induction, some kind of monogram minimalist double oven or advantium oven setup, and vent. We have a great Bosch DW that I love) and in an effort to save money (😂), I’m thinking of just going with a thermador package. My sister in law said her thermador ovens were terrible from the start but they were purchased circa 2009. What’s the current feeling?? They seem sturdy and built to use. I’m driving myself (and my husband crazy) but we need to order and move on so the cabinets can be designed. Thermador is a little more buttoned up than I go for (our house is more mid century-contemporary) and the interface doesn’t seem wonderful, but my 1969 kitchen was originally thermador, so I keep coming back to it. They sure make it easy to throw a package together to see how much it will cost. We have 4 kids, they cook as much as I do (a lot). I was going to do a speed/advantium oven, which the appliance guy said people are doing instead of double ovens, but I’m now thinking the KISS method is just fine and we’d do a double oven, microwave, small built in fridge and move on.org. We have a combo convection/microwave wall oven that works well but is older than the hills so anything will be an improvement. Thanks. My husband thanks you for your input as he is not going to discuss it further. 😬

Comments (3)