SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hchmaxey

My beautiful cabinets that took 20 weeks to arrive were hacked!

Helena Maxey
last year

I embarked on a kitchen remodel in March 2022 because my kitchen subfloor had rotted in places. I loved my cabinets and tried to recreate what I had. My kitchen is U-shaped. On the side where the sink sits, there was a soffit and the cabinets did not go all the way to the ceiling. The kitchen designer assumed that there was nothing in the soffit and ordered cabinets that extended to the ceiling. The soffit actually contains a portion of the roof as it angles down . The drywall person replaced a square shaped soffit with a beautiful angled soffit , possibly without instruction from my contractor. Now my contractor was faced with fitting and cutting my cabinets to fit an angled soffit. He broke into to soffit for some reason and did not call his drywall guy back to repair the hole. He installed the cabinets over the hole in the soffit. He tried to cut the top of the cabinets to fit the angled soffit. He did a very poor job. I will send pictures. Any suggestions regarding how to fix this?

Comments (8)