SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

no daylilies--just catching up

We still have a few daylilies blooming, but with nights in the forties, none are photo worthy. Most of the ones blooming are diploid seedlings.

Bob and I have been super busy though. We are trying to move select seedlings and since we are out of space, we had to clear a select bed and rework it to plant the new ones. The tractor broke down and repairs delayed us for about a week. We just couldn't do this without the tractor.

We are not finished yet, but here is a photo of the new bed. There are about 130 seedlings in this bed with room for about 50 more.

The roses have taken over from the daylilies in giving lovely blooms. Double Delight is my favorite rose.

Bob bought this one as Double Delight, but it obviously isn't. It is a great grower although it lacks the fragrance of Double Delight. I wonder if it might be Dream Come True. I have never seen Dream Come True in person, but I saw a picture of it on Facebook and the description sounds similar. It's a great grower (In a pot) and appears disease resistant.

Rose de Rescht is blooming again. It's one of my favorite old garden roses.

Sparky and Riley were begging for their photo to be taken.

That's all for me.

Nancy

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz