SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
weedyacres

Best commercial flooring option?

weedyacres
last month

I've got some offices on a mezzanine in a factory. Plywood over corrugated steel on the floor. We were going for practical, durable finish originally, so painted and poly'd with Bona Traffic. There's been too much movement, so it's cracked on the seams and now doesn't look so hot. I need a better option.

My thoughts were to throw down an underlayment of sureply and then LVP or sheet vinyl. But I'm not sure these are rated real well for commercial use (office chairs and desks rolling on them). Menards ads say LVP has a 30 year residential warranty but only 7 years commercial, and I want longer than that.

Suggestions or advice?

Comments (8)

• millworkman
    last month

Carpet tile.

weedyacres thanked millworkman
  • weedyacres
    Original Author
    last month

Carpet's a no-go. Factory environment (even though these are offices), too hard to keep clean. Plus I kind-of hate carpet.

• Timothy Winzell
    last month

Vinyl composition tile. Rubber sheet goods. Armstrong corlon sheet vinyl.

Budget?

Cosmetic concerns?

weedyacres thanked Timothy Winzell
  • B Pass
    last month

SUPERCore from weshipfloors.com - 30mil commercial wear layer

weedyacres thanked B Pass
  • weedyacres
    Original Author
    last month

I don't care for VCT, too clinical-looking.

Budget <$5/sf

Digging into research on Supercore and Armstrong Corlon, thanks for the suggestions.

• weedyacres
    Original Author
    last month

I've ordered a few samples of Supercore, and went to Menards last night. Found an LVP with a 20 mil wear layer, SPC core, and 30 year commercial warranty that might work too.

• weedyacres
    Original Author
    last month

I ended up going with Supercore for the extra wear layer plus the availability of tile look (personal preference over fake wood look). They had a 30% off site-wide, plus the samples came with an additional 5% off, so I paid $3.33/sf. The 20-year warranty should put me past my time here, so we're good.

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored
Expert Cabinetry Refinishing & Refacing in Loudoun County