SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dani_m08

Newbie - help - can I save any of these outdoor plants over winter?

dani_m08
last year

I am brand new to any type of gardening - outdoor or indoor. I actually absolutely love plants/flowers/trees - and would love to gain knowledge in this area.

I had some nice potted plants added to my my patio (basic part installed last November w covered area added recently). I used a landscape designer who designed both the front and back yards - with new hardscape + added new plants/shrubs/trees that are appropriate for my area (I live in the midwest in Zone 6 b - both 6a and 6b are in my specific city).

I just had my house painted last week - the crew is finishing up some stuff in the nect day or so. Most of my potted plants have been moved in order to accomodate the painting crew:

I’m adding the above photos because they show the size of some of the plants (since some of them have grown quite a bit over the past few months). I will add more photos in another comment below in order to show the specific plants.

My significant other apparently just assumed that we’d purcnase new plants for next year - but I’m having a difficult time just letting these die! I have really enjoyed them this past spring/summer - and would love to be able to save as many as possible!

I appreciate any advice on what I can/can’t OR should/shouldn’t do!

Thanks,

Dani

Comments (14)