SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
just_terrilynn

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience w Formica Decometal?

just_terrilynn
last year
last modified: last year

We/son needs a new countertop in what will be a rental property. The place needs some spiffing. This is a sort of generic modern townhome . The countertop on there now is shot. The community was built in the late seventies through early eighties, his has ugly but sound slab door dark faux walnut wood cabinetry along with s/s steel appliances. There is also a large s/s commercial open shelf island with real walnut top. We added some finger pulls in nickel. Even more hideous is the tile floor which he is removing and adding a light/medium Lvf that resembles a French oak (not ordered yet). I originally thought a plain off white countertop would look best. I don't love the mockups I did with an off white top and that brought me to a search and find of the Formica Decometal. https://www.formica.com/en-us/search-by-color/commercial?_gl=16ok2co_up*MQ..&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkOqZBhDNARIsAACsbfJRlTxcsaj10Gt7hsdCOKQXyLWnIDWUhNdHBWVEOUTVzM-Dmix7A_saAk_ZEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#sort=relevancy&f:Color=[Gray]&f:ProductLine=[DecoMetal%C2%AE%20Metal%20Laminate]

Knowledge?

They even have a brushed stainless look.

Comments (12)