SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol_panosian

Counter Help Pls!

Hi, I really want to lose the counter and I suppose the back splash. Things are very gold orange in here. The anegre cabinets and the travertine floor are staying. I’m overwhelmed. pls help! My thoughts….

1. The product…. sintered stone Dekton, Lapitec, Neolith seems best so far, can put hot stuff on & many slabs are bigger to limit seams. Lapitec is full body. Granite is busy, Quartz are smaller slabs but mostly cant put hot pots on due to being made with resin.

2. The color & pattern….plain almost seems more desireable to me, but the expense for plain?! (& husband is fearful of it being so boring) and then plain white or plain dark grey or possibly black? Or I do the marbled look like it seems everyone else & all the model homes have?… specifically the white marbled look. Would white make it be too stark and black too dark?

3. Can I, should I do anything else different in here, like raise up the seating area to bar height? Ive seen some combo tops that seem kind of cool, but maybe out of style look?

4. Thoughts on the backsplash, do I cover the whole wall? Should it be the same as what i put on the counter? Someone suggested a shelf and waterfall edge or something, & also mounting tv… Bigger pattern or smaller to not be too unslightly with the travertine floor.

I will be happy with any suggestions, can you imagine if I was to build a house? Dislike this job until its done…with good results! Note, we moved in about 4 years ago..

Thank you for any comments, greatly appreciated!!!

Carol

Comments (40)