SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_29424028037

New build 2022 - Aristocraft, Schrock, Dynastry or Omega Cabinets?

karen
last year

Aristocraft maple landen door style is the standard builder grade offered. The kitchen distributor carries Aristocraft, Schrock, Dynastry and Omega Cabinets.

I replaced my the cabinets in my current house 5 years ago. I had a natural maple stained Kraftmaid for 25 years that really held up well. Replaced with a painted/glazed Kraftmaid that started yellowing and chipping within 3 years. They stood behind their product and sent me ALL new faces.

Needless to say, after that experience I am worried about the cabinets in the new build. Most likely will now stick to a stained wood since I have had such a bad time with painted cabinets.

Any help/comments are appreciated,

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

IMO maple is best left natural with a good non yellowing finish . Glazed cabinets always look dirty in my experience as far as the rest of the companies . I persnally lve walnut left natural same finish as for maple. Factory fiished MDF painte cabinets last better than any painted from a cabinet maker.Schrok is if I am not mistaken still made in NA and they seem to have a good warranty.

• Nancy
    last year

Ive had cream colored Schrock cabinets in a kitchen for 15 years and the color has stayed true. They are not in direct sunlight. I would certainly consider Schrock. This isnt a kitchen that has had hard use but its been 15 years.....

• Ti Lucas
    last year

We’re in the process of installing Omega natural walnut cabinets. i would not order from Omega again. The cabinets are shipped preassembled. The drawers are dragging across the screws in the cabinet box, and have gouges down the length of each drawer. One cabinet arrived with missing veener from a panel, another with a large gouge in the frame, others had additional damage. The dove tail drawers are crudely assembled (scratchy, raw unfunishe) and some pull outs have splintered edges (like a dull saw blade was used). The work looks inexperienced with limited quality control

• decorpatti
    last year

@Ti Lucas: I am surprised to hear about your experience with Omega cabinets. We had mostly Omega Dynasty (semi-custom) with a couple of custom pieces installed in 2009, and we have experienced none of the issues you have mentioned. They look and perform much the same today as when they were installed, with no problems with drawers, pull-outs, etc. The insides are smooth and very finished-looking. Admittedly, it is only my husband and I most of the time, as the kids are grown. It is sad to hear that Omega quality might have declined so much.

• Buehl
    last year

Stay away from Aristrokraft - especially builder-grade. They are one of the worst cabinets out there. They're cheap for builders to put in -- and it shows very quickly! (Ask me how I know -- yep, our builder put them in and they started falling apart within a couple of years.)

Omega Dynasty now and I LOVE them!

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County