SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steve_cal

Miele US WXI860 Est Cycle Times/USER MANUAL AND PROGRAMMING ERRORS

Stephen
last year
last modified: last year

Here are the Estimated Cycle Times for the Miele US W1 Excellence WXI860 Washing Machine for anyone that is interested. It also includes times for the selectable Options.

Also be aware that the manual contains many inaccurate details: You are not able to check the Actual consumption. The button is not active during the cycle. It only gives the estimate before or after the cycle. The Tip listed to check consumption data for last wash program in Settings under Consumption, this is not an option.

The Degree of Soiling is available regardless of using Twin Dos or not. The cycle time changes in many cycles based on the soil level chosen.

Baby Clothes default Temp is Hot+, not Warm +. Towels default Temp is Warm +, not Warm.

You are able to select SingleWash for QuickIntenseWash program. AllergyWash is available for more than just Sanitize, Pillows, and Extra White. You can also select AllergyWash on Table Linens/Drapes, Baby Clothes, Darks/Denims, Wrinkle-free, Delicates, Dress Shirts. Sportswear, and Downs.

PowerWash is not activated in the Normal Cycle for any size load; however it is activated in the Baby Clothes Cycle (which I suspect is just the Cottons cycle elsewhere in the world). Normal is not Miele's Cottons cycle, it is the US Regulated cycle.

It is unfortunate that I, as a user of the machine, am more knowledgeable about the machine's programming than the individual(s) writing the manual. I expect more accuracy from a Global company such as Miele.

Comments (15)