SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tallhouse1

Need opinions on a 30X60 WC in shared bathroom

Hillary
last year
last modified: last year

UPDATE: I tweaked the layout more following the advice here, would love feedback. We're not married to the idea of having an enclosed WC, but I am curious who has a 30" WC. We're working with a limited footprint (we can't expand in any direction (there's staircase, chimney, adjacent bathroom, bedroom on other walls)

This is a shared boys' bathroom and we will be adding a stackable W/D by utilizing an adjacent closet and flipping the door to the bathroom. Since we're ripping the flooring for plumbing for the washer, we're reconsidering the entire layout. The existing bedroom has 3 closets so no harm done relocating one into the bathroom.

The bathroom footprint total is 7'6"x8'7".

Right now our boys are 2 and 5. Is ditching the tub ok if we have a large tub in the new master bath? Does having a double vanity increase the value of the house at all or is it any more desirable? Are angle showers dated?

Below is the current floorplan vs what I came up with after tinkering with the layout for a while, any feedback is appreciated.

CURRENT:

Proposed layout:

Second option (correct wall divider length is 32", space 28" between wall and tub, tub is 30")

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kwon Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Loudoun County, VA