SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lssqueeze

Picking Charities

Suzieque
last year
last modified: last year

My husband and I have small families, no children or grandchildren. We are working on our wills/trusts, etc. and want to determine where the proceeds from our final estate will go when we both have died.

We, of course, have no idea what the amount will be. We've designated certain friends, etc., to get a percentage. But ... whatever remains, we want to go to charities.

We already contribute generously to causes that we feel connected to, such as those related to animals, the environment, human and humane causes, etc. Some of those are small and local and others are larger and more broad. We feel strongly about helping others.

In choosing our final distribution, which is likely 25 to 30 years away if all goes well, we want to make sure that they're charities/causes that will still be around. It's harder than I thought! I do look at Charity Navigator and that's a good tool, but gee .... we're kind of flummoxed.

We know that many of the more well-known and "sexy" charities are likely well-funded (comparatively) and that there are so many that struggle.

How have any of you worked this out, if you have? Any thoughts?

Comment

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus