SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amckeon

White paint help, please!

amckeon
last year

I am moving into a new (to me) house and having most of the rooms painted. The trim and doors are currently painted SW Alabaster. My previous house was BM Simply White, which I loved.

Hoping to keep costs down and stay with the Alabaster trim (kitchen cabinets are also Alabaster).

I thought the way to go would be to use Alabaster on the walls in flat or eggshell. But sampling whites, Alabaster looks too yellow to me, even against the Alabaster trim (which I think is satin oil based). Simply White looks the best (to my eyes).

But sampling a 12” square isn’t quite the same as painting a whole room/whole house. I’m afraid of making the trim and kitchen cabinets look yellow.

Anyone have this color combo and can tell me it will be ok? Any thoughts?

As a side note, the house is generally darker than I would like, so maybe that is why I am drawn to the whiter white. Ceilings look dingy but thinking flat ceiling white.

My other concern is that it will look TOO white. Since the kitchen cabinets are also Alabaster. Windows are a taupe color. (Considering painting the insides of the windows in living areas Tricorn Black).

Thanks for any help!

Comments (4)