SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_295774461

Need help determining the size and how to install an LED mirror

HU-295774461
last year
last modified: last year

https://www.homedepot.com/p/TOOLKISS-48-in-W-x-36-in-H-Large-Rectangular-Frameless-LED-Light-Anti-Fog-Wall-Bathroom-Vanity-Mirror-Super-Bright-EM004-W55128012/317583429#overlay

Hello,

I need some help purchasing and installing an LED mirror. I need to determine the size but to do that I need to figure how it will be installed. It is a small bathroom and with a standard mirror with a row of bulbs about 6 inches above the mirror.

When purchasing an LED mirror should I purchase one that matches the current dimensions of the mirror, 36x42, or should I purchase a larger one that will also cover the strip of bulbs at 36x48? Please see the scenarios below.

Scenario 1 buy one the same size as the current mirror- In this scenario, I believe an electrician would need to create a second electrical opening that will be behind the current mirror and draw from the strip of bulbs above. This sounds much more expensive than the scenario below. Should I just get a larger mirror and use the electricity that is currently in the strip of bulbs?

Scenario 2 buy one that is larger that covers the strip of bulbs- This scenario sounds the simplest. Get a 36x48 mirror and cover the strip of bulbs and use the power from there. It will save money of as I wouldn't need to create a second opening. I have two concerns, one if the LED mirror is the only source of light in the bathroom will it be bright enough? Also when I walk into the bathroom, I would use the wall switch instead of taping on the mirror correct? Above is the link to the mirror I'm thinking of purchasing that is supposedly super bright.

I hope this make sense. I appreciate your help.

Comments (10)