SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megandavenport30

Scindapsus Moonlight and Dracaena Janet Craig Question/ Advice needed

Megan D
last year

Hi!

These plants are very new to me and I want to make sure I am not going to mess them up. I have both on a window sill that faces SE (but more East than South) and I am worried they might be getting too much light. They are getting direct sunlight from about 10am-1:30pm and then quite a bit of indirect before and after that.

The Moonlight has 2 leaves that are starting to curl, I watered with distilled water and waiting to see if those correct. I just watered about 5 days ago so is it getting too much sunlight and drying out too quickly? The top 1.5in of soil was dry.

I have both of the plants in a store bough potting soil mixed with a small amount of bark and a layer of volcanic rock at the bottom.

The Janet Craig I believe has bruising from transport to the nursery but I just want to make sure it isn't the start of leaves burning. I think this might be too much sun for Dracaenas but wanted to see if anyone else had any luck with having their dracaenas in a bright spot. If this is not an ideal placement, what direction for the window to be facing is the best?

I also have a Philodendron Birkin, Alocasia Amazonica and a Dracaena Warneckii, slightly worried about the Warneckii but should the other two be okay with the sun exposure?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Comment (1)