Houzz Logo Print

alcove hood vent height

2 months ago

Hi, this is my inspiration photo for my new kitchen. I’d like an alcove around the range, but I am unsure what type of hood/vent I need. My appliance rep said I would need a flush mount hood vent…but every flush mount hood I see online is way up on the ceiling, visual, and is pricey. She said I could use a regular hood vent if the alcove is 36” above the range, but what if I want it a bit higher (like 48”) but not all the way to the ceiling? Advice?

Comments (3)