SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ethan_swords

Kitchen Reno - Island and Kitchen Table Placement

Ethan Swords
last year

I bought this house recently and will be painting the walls white, getting white marble-esque quartz countertops, and likely keeping the wood stain on the cabinets - but feel free to give thoughts on that as well... I'm going for Mid-Century Modern. If I had a bigger budget, I'd get flat panel cabinet doors. Also, a table really will be needed in the kitchen as the dining room will be turned into a piano room.

I want to get an overhang on the island for two counter-height stools. The potential issue is with the current design, the table and chairs (which would be centered under a new pendant light in place of this old one shown here) might be too close to the stools and island.

I don't want an awkward space. Plus, I feel like (especailly if you look at the second pic) a table and chairs directly in front of stools and an island is a little wierd/cluttered anyway? If I moved the island back further towards the sliding glass door and didn't have so many doors on the opposite wall, I'd put the table against that corner, however that's not an option unless we closed off the opening to the dining room?? Could really use some help!

In Short: Where can I creatively make room for a table and chairs in this kitchen that has very little unused space? Moving the island is an option. Thank you!

Comments (9)