SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_381618639

Mohawk Coastal Couture - TecWood Installed?

Jenna J
2 months ago

Hi there! I’m purchasing a home through Toll Brothers and am considering upgrading to Mohawk Coastal Couture (TecWood) in either Seaspray, Beachwood, or White Cap Oak.

Has anyone installed one of these floors before and can you share photos? The samples are so small so it’s hard to tell what the floor will look like installed.

Also, if you have any experience with any of the Mohawk TecWood products, I’d love to hear your experience!

Thanks!

Comments (7)

• dan1888
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

The Mohawk site lists the 1/2" total thickness. No info on veneer thickness, number of layers or finish properties. From the pictures I'd pick Seaspray. You can visit a dealer for bigger samples.

• Jenna J
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Thanks! I’ll look into the ultra matte thread. I love the high variation between boards. Going for a beachy, lived-in look.

• dan1888
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

I think the product Jen K listed is the discontinued Coastal Couture. The Plus product pictured is 1/2" thick. It would be helpful to get the country of origin.

• Jenna J
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Yes, that’s correct. It’s very similar to the one Jen K posted. Same colors, finish, etc. but the new version is just 1/2 inch thick.

• Mrs. S
    2 months ago

Just buy a box of whatever colorway you like best. Or 2 boxes. Then you can see what it looks like.

• dan1888
    2 months ago

Part of the info says finished in the US. Made in China likely. I'd need to know the core details. 3 ply or multiply. Core material if 3 ply. Hardwood top layer thickness. Whether .6mm, 1.2mm or thicker. Dents and gouges are a potential problem to avoid.

Info- 2 Ply, 3 Ply or Multi-plywood Engineered Wood(Timber) Flooring From China? - GOLINK (golinkwood.com)