SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
czarinalex

Just a quick update on me....

czarinalex
14 days ago

I posted back in June about my fall from a step stool and the Tibia plateau fracture that resulted. According to my orthopedic surgeon, it's the worst bone break because it supports all your weight when walking.

It's been an eventful and stressful summer!

I wasn't able to put any weight on it for 10 weeks. So either hopping around in a walker or in a wheelchair. I had(and still get) significant swelling, so a lot of time on the couch with my leg propped up and iced.

For the last 4 weeks, I've progressed from walking on 2 legs with 2 crutches, to 1 crutch, to a cane. I can walk unassisted with a slight limp around the house, but use the cane when I'm tired or out on uneven ground. What a struggle! I have to re-teach my brain how to walk correctly(heel to toe and foot straight!). I still have a lot of discomfort when walking... mostly in my foot and calf as those unused muscles and tendons get used again after so long.

While walking is definitely exciting for me... we also sold our lake house in Pennsylvania! During my time of being in a wheelchair, we had a tag sale, decluttered our house and prepped it for sale. It's a cash sale, close to our asking price and they are buying all our furniture. All good things.

If all goes smoothly, we'll be closing end of October and driving out(for the last time!) to our town house in Southern California.

Thanks for all your support in response to my first post about my fall. I went back and re-read them a few times when I was feeling particularly distraught about my situation. This group means a lot to me.

Comments (42)

Sponsored Story
Pristine Acres
Pro Spotlight: Unearth a Backyard Made for Your Outdoor Lifestyle