SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bumblebeezgw

Consistent Amazon delivery problems. What would you do?

I have specific delivery instructions for Amazon to stay off my driveway and park next to the mailbox and they have ignored this dozens of times. I have complained to drivers. I have been nice. I have wheedled. I have gone on to chat many times. I've gotten some of the stuff free but what I really want them to do is to pay attention to my delivery instructions.
I changed my address to my name, Stay off driveway Park on street, to my street address. Stay off driveway park on Street blah blah blah. It works once or twice, but generally not. I'm at the point of considering an electric gate. I do not want to do this. Amazon is making me irate.

Comments (86)

• Bunny
    last year

Amazon has been a godsend for me. Just about every little thing I need can be found there. I have never had a problem returning items (I check that returns are A-OK before I order). I don't even have to repackage them.

I live in a suburban neighborhood. Amazon Prime vehicles are going up and down my street all day. They drop off at my front door and I try to say (sometimes yell) thank-you to the driver as they are headed back down my front path. They have never used my driveway.

I don't know what I mean to say, except if I didn't like how they were delivering my goods, I guess I'd find some other distributor.

Bumblebeez SC Zone 7 thanked Bunny
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

This threat has veered and there's a lot of venting but for my end of things, here's how it is. I live up a dead end country road with a few houses and there's little likelihood of anything getting stolen if it's left near the mailbox. Actually I have a bench about 10 ft up that they have set things on before. I've never had anything stolen. I plant ryegrass in the fall and I've already put mine out and I don't want anybody driving on it. I have a lovely yard and I would like to keep it that way.

I have a large walkout basement with a separate carport and driveway and my dad lived there for 16 years and I currently have it rented out so I have a renter who also gets packages and between the two of us even though we combine things and I combine my deliveries all the time, Amazon splits them up all the time. We have a lot of deliveries. I have no issues with UPS or FedEx.

I did not want to have to move or open a gate. I don't want to look at anything ugly like a cone, so I'm thinking a one-armed gate that's solar powered is probably what I will end up with. Idk yet.

You all have reassured me that Amazon most likely won't get it together on this.

• Related Discussions

What would you do? Amazon question

Q

Comments (79)
    [For Mr Fudd] From 18 hours ago: JeCrigler, thanks for putting up Amazon's Customer Service number. I've noted it for future use. A few weeks ago I had a problem processing an A-Z Guarantee---suddenly my order number was invalid, and they kept insisting I contact the seller. Well, that only lead to an e-mail from Amazon letting me know that the seller was no longer with Amazon, and could not accept e-mails. The claim was only for $10, yet I spent 15 minutes trying to find a Customer Service number. Finally I found a way to get them to call me, and another 15 minutes to get my claim okayed and processed. Guess it is good that I so rarely have problems with Amazon to need to call them. ---------------------- I spent time trying to use the contact links provided through the A-Z Guarantee, that I was directed to use by Amazon in their e-mails, that were supposed get me through the claim process. The A-to-Z pages also have links you are supposed to use if there were additional problems. After answering some questions about the order that had problems, it was supposed to take me to their Customer Service page. But it would not because it claimed the order number was invalid. So I had to use a different method to contact Amazon's Customer Service to get my problem resolved. In comparison, Amazon was less trouble.
    ...See More

Has anyone else had problem with Amazon packaging?

Q

Comments (29)
    We get small orders rattling around in a huge box, as some others have said. You should have seen the box when my wife ordered a Japanese thimble! I don't recall ever getting a broken or leaky package. Guess we've been lucky. But Anglophilia, I'm a jam maker and seedless raspberry sounds wonderful. I'm going to have to try that....I mail jam to family out of state and they always get new tea towels with it because I put each jar inside a sealed zip bag within a second sealed zip bag with a paper towel or two. Then I wrap tea towels around each jar and rubber-band them. I use a box small enough to fit snugly. It doesn't look like a professional packaging job, but it protects everything and insures against messes.
    ...See More

Amazon bait and switch prime delivery dates?

Q

Comments (34)
    This bait and switch with promised delivery is now built into Amazon's infrastructure. They promise a nice short 2 day prime delivery date when you order it, they never give you notice that the delivery date changed, and then when you want to complain they blame it on Covid-19. It is complete BS. They've incorporated this excuse into their system. They will say, that the clock on the promised two-day delivery doesn't start till the product is shipped, but it takes them two days or more to ship the product! So they never disclose this before you order! They blame it on Covid-19 and not having enough people to work their warehouses, but Bezo's added more than $70 Billion to wealth during this epidemic! If they offered enough money as pay, they would have the personnel they need to move your product on-time!
    ...See More

Amazon, check your delivery date

Q

Comments (16)
    I got a note the other day that Amazon was going to rebate an overcharge on my last order, to contact such and such. I've received one parcel, at least, from Amazon, ordered by someone else (my daughter in the U.S., her other home country). BUT ... I have never made an order with Amazon. So - how can they be rebating an overcharge?? Does anyone smell a rat, here ... or maybe a squirrel, one of those outdoor rats? But it is rather hard to catch a smell provided by those squirrels! I think that I can do without that supposed rebate ... does anyone here want me to transfer it to them? How much am I offered? ole joyful ... who doesn't mind accepting legit rebates
    ...See More
  • palimpsest
    last year

In today's environment this is probably going to get sneered at as lefty liberal claptrap but let's take a look at Amazon, and services like them, and expectations.

People associated with Amazon have been made extremely wealthy, but it's not actually the people who are delivering the services (as usual).

Amazon Flex drivers in my area can expect to make $17.50 to $25 an hour. That doesn't sound too bad does it? Except that unless you are a single adult with no children this is actually below living wage at the lower end of the scale, and the upper end of the scale is below living wage if you have children. (It works out to 1.5- 2x poverty wages which is low income)

And the job may not be full time. (Which is promoted as a positive, and may be in some circumstances except when you aren't working you aren't earning in come)

And you get to use your own vehicle for deliveries .

And it is "depending upon how fast you make your deliveries" is what the job listings tend to say.

The big attraction for Amazon is a combination of price and convenience. So the are undercutting conventional vendors price-wise and then delivering it for free, if you order enough,

no matter how many actual deliveries it is divided into. So you could buy five expensive things, qualify for free delivery, but easily get three separate deliveries--probably separate deliveries really--no matter how cheap the individual items in the box are.

And yet on top of this now people expect --demand, really-- a relatively high level of service.

Not only do you want it cheaper than you can get it anywhere else, you want it delivered Free, even if you live miles down a rural road, even if it's a $4.00 potato peeler in it's own package.

And then you want them to stop and read a bunch of specific directions, about exactly How and Where it is to be delivered and how careful they need to be doing it.

The ability to leave explicit delivery instructions and have things delivered just so used to be considered a higher level of service --white glove service more or less--and people used to pay a premium for it. And now everyone wants it for every cheap gadget they buy on Amazon.

I went on vacation once and someone on the trip forgot a phone charger. They could have used someone else's for the duration of the trip, but no, it was easier to go on Amazon and get it delivered The Next Day, For Free, to a relatively difficult to access location. Years ago one of my wealthy patients was describing a situation where one of their kids left something home that they needed immediately and how their Personal Assistant had jumped through a bunch of hoops, and they had spend several thousand dollars getting this particularly item hand delivered to them (it involved plane tickets for someone to courier the item in person). I am not saying that this is right or reasonable either.

But this is the level of service, more or less, that people expect now, for nothing.

This is not really sustainable for one, and no wonder people in this sort of job class are so pissed off. And I wonder what sort of implications there are going to be when the people who are used to this cut-rate personal services are no longer able to get them.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

@pal - you reminded me of a podcast I listened to some time ago that followed an Amazon delivery driver - maybe Planet Money. It was enlightening for sure.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

I think at this point, you have to conclude that Amazon's process is not geared to accommodating you. Yet you find them valuable.

First of all, set up your Amazon delivery day and only have them come that day. That reduces all risk of damage or injury by 6/7ths.

Perhaps consider watching the dogs more closely that day.

Is the delivery activity actually harming the grass or does it just annoy you. We have had large parties where people park on the grass to no ill effect.If it is really causing an issue, you need to redesign the driveway to force people to do what you want, perhaps using boulders etc. Landscape designers know how to encourage certain behaviors.

I would imagine you have the same issue with other deliveries, services etc?

• maddielee
    last year

Something to consider …. I asked my friend, who delivered for Amazon at one time, about special delivery instructions.

He said that he didn’t see the special instructions until he was stopped and at the point of delivery.

Chances are that your special delivery instructions aren’t seen until the truck is parked in your driveway. At that point its too late.

He’d grab the correct package, lock his truck, make the delivery, take picture of the package, mark the package delivered, unlock the truck, get in and drive off. Repeat repeat repeat 200 times.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

It's easy to get used to things that are being offered. Of course, we get to choose to use the services or not.

I find Amazon to be a great lifesaver as I used to have to drive a long way to get most of the stuff. I love alexa. On the other hand, I haven't been in a fast food restaurant in over two years. They're still out there. I just don't participate.

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    last year

"We have a lot of deliveries. I have no issues with UPS or FedEx"

Both of those companies deliver for Amazon. USPS , the post office, also delivers for Amazon. Amazon is not a delivery company. They, like all other companies, use one of the above three to deliver.

If you click on "Returns and Orders" on the top left on your account, You will see each order. Then select the order and "track". It will show you which company is bringing your package

This is for a desktop computer. It will be in a slightly different location on a phone, but you can still track the same. If you check, you might find which delivery company is doing it.

I have an order of two books. It will be two packages, because they are coming from two different places.

The order before that, a bed skirt, was brought by USPS,(post office).

A dvd in a previous order was brought by UPS.

Since you don't want a gate or cones, maybe a fence?

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Amazon is not a delivery company.

That's incorrect. Yes they also use 3rd parties but they are very much a delivery company

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/11/27/amazon-shipping-competitive-threat/

“They are building the world’s biggest package-delivery company,” said David Glick, a former Amazon logistics executive who serves as chief technology officer at Flexe, which helps retailers warehouse and deliver goods."

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    last year

Not here where I live. None of my orders have ever come directly from Amazon. Maybe up north where? Or super large cities?

I have ordered from Amazon since they were only a book store. None of my packages come from Amazon.

ETA: However. if Bumblebeez will check her packages, it will show who is bringing them.

• 4kids4us
    last year

@Sherry8aNorthAL where I live, there are also Amazon trucks that deliver. In fact, the majority of deliveries I get from Amazon are either delivered by a blue Amazon truck or UPS. Perhaps it depends on whether you live near an Amazon warehouse? I do, so a lot of goods in my neighborhood are delivered by the Amazon drivers. Occasionally, we get Amazon packages via USPS, but not often. I'm not sure I've ever gotten an Amazon package via FedEx, tho it's possible.

I often hear the trucks coming, so if I'm having a package delivered, I will walk outside to get it from them. Living in a coastal style home, we have a full flight of stairs to reach our front porch so I like to save them the time and trouble of having to walk up the steps,

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

From what I have read, they have left some smaller, rural, unprofitable routes to USPS, UPS, etc. So that could be why you don't know that they are very much a delivery company, and in fact have plans to compete w other shipping companies and deliver for others!

Not just "up North" or super large cities.

I assume Maddie is seeing Amazon trucks or otherwise can ID that these are Amazon drivers.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

We have two gated entrances to our property. Most drivers know to deliver to the one near the mailbox, but not all of them. We have had packages left all over the place, in one case ruining a book that ended up snow covered. Once a package was left on a dining table by our pool. It seemed as though they just gave up trying to figure it out. Our front door is a half-glass barn door, and I think sometimes people are not sure it is a front door., though it has a sign with the name of our home, is flanked by planters, and reached by a stone path.

Nowadays most deliveries come with a photo. Mark my words these will be the basis for an art exhibit someday by someone.

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    last year

That is what I suggested she do. Check her orders.

No, at the moment everything I order comes from off. The closest warehouse is Atlanta, GA or Birmingham, AL and they transfer to USPS. If it is somewhere else, it comes UPS. Maybe they deliver in Atlanta, but I don't live there.

I wish Amazon would start delivering directly. UPS is the only one to put at the door all the time.

The post office brings whenever they want and puts all over the place.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

My delivery's and most are from Amazon, not a third party seller, come in a variety of vans and cars, many through the daily postal delivery. I love my mail people and have had the same for years. It's quite rural here. I have Verizon as they have the best coverage, 15 minutes out and it's VERY backwoods country, no cell service.

• OllieJane
    last year

Mostly Amazon drivers here deliver and there have been very few private drivers drop off. We've been having the same Amazon driver for the last couple of months and I've gotten to know him. He's so cute and has the best dredlocks (I've told him LOL) and he is so considerate and great customer service! I would love to have him forever, but hopefully since he seems like such a great employee-he will move up in the company from driver, if that what he wishes.

I am another who does not like it one bit when people turn around in my driveway. But, I don't know how to get around it. Someone has ran over my sprinkler head in that certain area and broke it-but only once in the last 10 years-so I guess that's not so bad. I just ask-STAY OFF THE GRASS!

• maddielee
    last year

There’s an Amazon fulfillment warehouse about 3 miles from our house and another one 8 miles away. Some deliveries are still UPS although most are by Amazon.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

I have a mail phone app that gives me updates on all packages and i am aware of who is delivering and when. I move a barricade to the front door inside as one of my dogs will scratch the front door when they hear a vehicle outside.

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    last year

Bumblebeeze, If the post office is bringing it, it is not coming directly from Amazon. They take it to the post office and the post office brings it to you.

"many through the daily postal delivery"

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Posted this before, but IME it is spot-on

Bumblebeez SC Zone 7 thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • jojoco
    last year

Yeah, USPS is the worst. Here is a text I received when they announced their time-traveling service.

(They ended up refunding the fee I paid for guaranteed overnight delivery.)

Bumblebeez SC Zone 7 thanked jojoco
  • Sherry8aNorthAL
    last year

This is the last package I ordered. Amazon Prime.

Shipped with USPS

Saturday, September 17

6:35 PM

Package delivered.

Huntsville, AL

12:11 PM

Package is out for delivery.

Huntsville, AL

Friday, September 16

11:35 AM

Package available for pickup.

Huntsville, AL US

7:23 AM

Package is out for delivery.

Huntsville, AL US

7:12 AM

Package arrived at a carrier facility.

Huntsville, AL US

6:00 AM

Package transferred to another carrier for delivery.

Huntsville, AL US

5:57 AM

Package arrived at a carrier facility.

Huntsville, AL US

2:01 AM

Package left an Amazon facility.

East Point, GEORGIA US

Thursday, September 15

11:17 PM

Package left the carrier facility.

Atlanta, GA US

9:36 PM

Package arrived at an Amazon facility.

East Point, GEORGIA US

12:11 AM

Package left an Amazon facility.

Katy, Texas US

Wednesday, September 14

10:27 PM

Package left the carrier facility.

Katy, TX US

10:09 PM

Package arrived at an Amazon facility.

Katy, Texas US

Carrier picked up the package.

It started in Katy, TX. Amazon. Went to two Amazons in GA. Came to the post office in Huntsville. Post office delivered on Saturday.

I understand now, that some of you do get directly from Amazon. I never have. I also haven't ever seen an Amazon delivery truck, car , van, etc.

• mariagrazia
    last year

@Bumblebeez I can commiserate. The Amazon van drivers do the weirdest things. I have a (covered) front porch that Fedex and UPS and USPS put my packages on, but the Amazon drivers walk half way around the house and leave the package at a side door. The side door has no cover and it is not even obvious that the side door exists - they had to go looking for the door. Then the the package gets rained on or I think it hasn't been delivered because I would never expect anyone to go there to leave a package. The front porch is also closer!

They also have repeatedly driven 7/8 of the way up the driveway, stop the van on the driveway, then walk the last 15 feet, leave the package then back up the huge gray van fully ONTO THE LAWN, then pull back onto the driveway facing out and leave. Once I figured out what they were doing, I would go out and tell them to pull up to the normal area in front of the garage doors and turn around, like every other person/truck who has ever come up the driveway. Only Amazon has ever done this. After a couple years of this, and fixing the ruts they left in the lawn, I finally landscaped with large rocks so they can't go on the lawn - without damaging their van! It's amazing - they pull up to the garage and turn around like everyone else now!

I also noticed Fedex and UPS turn the truck off when they get to the house. Amazon keeps the truck running, leaves the door open, has the radio on full blast, and are talking on the phone. I've been outside working in the garden and have seen this numerous times. Also they have stuck envelopes into my open garage, and if I hadn't seen them do it I would not know the envelope was there.

I've also had an Amazon guy pull up in front of the garage and back up so far he went out on the lawn, made ruts, and crushed a box of electronics for the the driveway detector, then just drive away. My husband had to make a claim to Amazon to replace our equipment, which they finally paid. So, even though they have backup detectors and cameras in the van, you are right to be worried about your dogs.

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    last year

mariagrazia, Maybe I am lucky that Amazon does not deliver in Huntsville.

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    last year

Just an aside, often Amazon delivery is subcontracted work. The contractors have to rent the vans from Amazon. It is not a model that is likely to lead to a professional delivery work force, especially because if you are not an employee of Amazon, there are not likely opportunities to move up the ladder within the company either.

When an Amazon center opened near the big city, we had about a month or two of deliveries from Amazon in my rural area. Now they mainly hand it over to USPS. I really wish they would give it to UPS because I almost always have to go to the post office which negates the convenience. I am getting less and less enamored with Amazon. The prices are not as competitive and I have to drive anyway to pick the things up from the post office.

On the other side of the fence, it is very difficult to be a delivery driver, even when you are paid well like at UPS. Many, many people have their own ideas of how the package should be delivered. My son works for UPS on a rural route. Some people complain when the package is tied to the fence (to keep it from blowing away), some understand that their driveway is terrible and you will never make it up there and some don't. Others are incredulous that the driver cannot carry the 150 lb package to wherever is most convenient for the customer, etc.

Alas, I do think a gate, a sign or a drop off box are the most likely solutions or trying to see if there is an Amazon locker at a convenient location.

• woodrose
    last year

I live in a rural area and I've never had anything delivered directly by Amazon, perhaps because I live about 30 miles from the nearest warehouse. Everything we order is delivered by UPS, Fedex, or USPS. Smaller packages delivered by USPS are left in our mailbox. Delivery trucks, utility company trucks and various other trucks use my driveway on a regular basis, and I don't mind at all. They have never run over the grass, or turned around on it, but if they did I wouldn't care as long as it's not wet and muddy. Delivery drivers work hard and they work long hours, even delivering packages after dark. I appreciate the service, and I'm not going to complain unless they do something seriously wrong.

• Tina Marie
    last year

Yes Woodrose, that's how it is for us, no amazon deliveries. All here are handled by USPS or Fed Ex. I wonder if that will change as an Amazon facility is being built in our area? We actually have great service by UPS and Fed Ex. Our USPS is not terrible, we've only had a few small issues. Since we have a PO Box, any purchases shipped via USPS go to our post office (which is not far from us, we don't even have to get on the main road LOL). Purchases are put in lockers or held behind the desk, depending on size.

The only purchases I get delivery names/photos, etc. is from stores (ie grocery store, drug store).

We have had the occasional driver get off the driveway but not far enough to cause damage. Most seem to be good drivers. We do have a turn around, but typically the drivers of the big trucks do not use them.

• Bunny
    last year

I don't know how close I live to an Amazon distribution center, but these vehicles are up and down my street throughout the day. Sometimes their radio is loud...for the 2 minutes it takes them to deliver the goods. Then they're on their way. I always thank them when I get a chance (see Talking to Strangers.).

• pricklypearcactus
    last year

One other consideration: does the delivery driver actually see or read the delivery notes before they have parked the delivery vehicle? It wouldn't surprise me if they only see the notes once they've already parked and are physically getting up to deliver the package in their hands. I do think some kind of gate (like the chained "private drive") or other indicator that public traffic is not welcome would be the best bet. Or stop ordering from them if their delivery process is not to your satisfaction. So much of what we are paying for from Amazon is the delivery since they built most of their business on the fulfillment network that allows for such cheap delivery charges.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

This is how my address reads:

Mrs. Santa Claus stay off the driveway park on the street

1234 Christmas Lane stay off the driveway park on the street

North Pole USA

• jojoco
    last year

Perhaps you should keep them away from the house altogether. This box could go near the bottom of your driveway.

Only one issue that might be a dealbreaker. . .

. . . you have to order it on Amazon.

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    last year

Bumblebeez SC Zone 7, I am still curious. Have you actually gone to Amazon and have clicked on "your orders" then track. Not the mail phone app. The real tracking. It will show you the every step. You would then know exactly who was driving on your yard.

ETA: If you don't care, that is fine. Just don't say it is all Amazon, because it is not. Even if you have Amazon delivering in your area, which I do not, that does not mean they are the ones messing up your yard.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Try this address

Mrs. S. Claus: Please park on the street, thank you!

1234 Christmas Ln: Beware of dogs, thank you!

North Pole USA

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

I have Sherry and it's a mix. Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't.

• maddielee
    last year

Drivers use gps to find your house, ”park on street” and other delivery directions don’t show til they are where the gps puts them.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

Maddie, maybe. 95% of the time GPS will take people to my neighbor's house and he has a third of a mile driveway and a small estate.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

It's interesting that many of the comments here have put me in the wrong. I think I have done everything to stay up to date with tracking and apps and following when packages are arriving and I've even moved my bench at times to the end of the driveway. I'm very nice to all the drivers. I could say Thank you In my my address title though!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

I don't think you are "in the wrong," not at all. Sometimes though the best option is to give up on someone doing what's right, and finding the best way to ameliorate the issue.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

Oh yeah!

• gail618
    last year

Are you okay with them leaving the packages at your mailbox? They may assume that you want them walked to your door, that's how I read it. Saying Park on the Street implies, to me, that you want them to park the van and walk down the driveway to your house, which I do honestly think is unreasonable. Also, they might not want to leave them at mailbox if there isn't somewhere secure to put them. I'm not sure how it works when packages are stolen, if they bear any responsibility if the packages are left at a location that's not so secure. What if you changed your instructions to Leave Packages at Mailbox, and got a box to attach to your mailbox post, but it seems like your best solution is to have your stuff sent to an Amazon locker.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

My driveway is not that long but it's curvy so it's difficult to back out of. I have asked the drivers about this and they walk a lot further in any apartment building anywhere and many other driveways. UPS always parks on the street. Many of my packages are big.

When the tornado came through 2 years ago, I re landscaped the entire front area and it's very nice right now and I don't want a big plastic delivery box out there. There's no place for it.

I do appreciate all the helpful ideas however and everything is being considered.

Even rearranging to include a package delivery box but that's low on the list.

Theft is not an issue.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

I updated my address to include Thank you! and Beware of dogs.

• palimpsest
    last year

My comments weren't really meant to put any particular individual in the wrong, but they are a commentary about there is now an expectation that we will get a fairly high level of personal service for rock bottom prices and I don't think it's a sustainable system over time.

And even lower middle class and working class people are relying on other lower middle class and working class people to provide them with these services.

In one place I work someone who answers the phone and can't possibly make all that much regularly Ubers to work and orders things to eat through DoorDash. Public transportation is excellent where I live and there is a breakfast/lunch place in the lobby of our building and several other options immediately below that in the concourse below our building. It's her business how she wants to spend her money of course but it's the availability of these services that make it so easy to spend money like this on things she could just as easily do for herself. This can't go on forever.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

Well the service is being offered so people will use it. I'm very grateful for it. But I know exactly what you're talking about. I see it all the time and I work with people who could make better choices but I suppose I could in areas too.

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    last year

Bumblebeez, I never said you were wrong. I am just trying to help you find out who and what. is messing up your yard.

• gail618
    last year

Apartment buildings usually have package rooms where all of the packages are held then picked up by residents, rather than being delivered to each person's door. What about if it's pouring rain? Or your driveway is slippery? Also, what if everyone made this same request?

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    last year

I don't have a problem with them messing my yard up. I do have a problem with "Where is it?" FedEX says they put at the front door, they do not, they dump in front of the garage. I have what is called a "snout' garage. USPS (post office) is useless. If they don't want to bring, they say the mail box is blocked. It is not. The only one for now that does what they say is UPS. I do not have Amazon delivery, I did not even know they did.

I quit ordering from Walmart. No matter how you order,, some of your stuff will be dumped in a Walmart sack somewhere. I guess that is what you are putting up with if you have an Amazon warehouse hear you.

If I could go to a store and buy, I would, so help me God. NOTHING is carried local anymore. I posted on another thread about wanting some more of the little cotton spice bags that you could buy anywhere a few years ago????? I can only find them on Amazon,,,,,,,,,

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    last year

Bumble, I cannot speak for Amazon, but I do know other delivery places rarely look at the address label. UPS has it's own tracking labels. The addresses are in the system a certain way and are fed through whatever tech the companies use, so your specific address modifications may not be making it to the drivers themselves. For my house, when I order from a new company and input my address it is rejected unless typed exactly as it is in the "official system", otherwise it is returned as no such address. My street name ends in Trail and if I do not input it as TRL (cannot even do lower case) it does not recognize it. That's a possible reason why changing your address has not changed the behaviors.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

I had original delivery instructions per Amazon and after talking to various drivers it turned out that the delivery instructions are on page two so they were rarely seen. By making it part of my address, it has helped about 30% of the time.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    last year

Well it happened again even after changing my address to thank you and beware of dogs. I asked the driver and he was giving me a very startled look, if he looked at my address and did he use a GPS and he really couldn't answer any of these questions. Although I could see my address punched into the screen in front of him and he said he would never do it again that he would remember.