SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline9ca

another sport of Margo Koster has decided to climb after 20 years!

jacqueline9CA
last year

So, when we moved into our house in 1989, there was a tiny orangish peach rose growing in deep shade near a huge barberry bush. My FIL said that he remembered it from his childhood, and that it was a "good rose". So, eventually I took pity on it and moved it into the sun. It got to be about 18-24 inches high, and turned into a nice, rounded, repeat blooming bush with small blooms. I discovered it was the polyantha Margo Koster. Over the next decades, it sported twice to stable sports - one was a dark raspberry color, and one was pure white. I planted all three roses in a new bed we dug out of the lawn. The roses all did very well, with the white one being a bit larger than the other two. 15-20 years after I planted them, I just noticed that the white one has decided to be a climber! I know the MK family is famous for sporting, so I guess it has just done that again. Got to watch what they get up to! For your amusement, here is a pic I just took of the one new climbing cane on the white one. It has achieved about 7 ft. so far. Do you think if I root a cutting from it it will make an all climbing plant?

Jackie

P.S. the tall bush it is climbing up is made up of Peach Drift and Lauren

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting