SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swpalmer1

I have a color dilemma. I hope I can get some professional advice.

last year
last modified: last year

So we just purchased this condo and we decided to build a TV / Electric fireplace media wall in our living room. Our walls will be either white or a very light gray as we only have glass on one wall and we want to keep this room as light as possible. We also want to make this a coastal design as we are near the beach. We have white furniture (2-sofas and matching chair and ottoman) that will be used in this room on a light blue, grayish white, area rug on top of beige tiles. This large room extends out to a sunroom where we are using wicker furniture.

I bought a couple of used tall cabinets to be used like bookends on each side of this center.

My dilemma? My intention or thought is to cover the media center and the rest of that one wall with a white wash, distressed style horizontal shiplap and paint the two cabinets a satin or semi gloss white. This is all for the fact that the furthest part of this room is not very light and I was hoping with using all of this white as well as some mirrors it would brighten things up a little more.

Just not sure about the white wash planks with the semi or satin white paint right up against this.

Any opinions on colors for this? Or some other ideas to use on that media center and wall?

Thank you so much for any help.

Comments (8)