SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

Stainless sinks: Are the European ones worth it at 3x the cost?

Stacey Collins
last year
last modified: last year

My sink budget was $500, so I was looking at the "better" Chinese sinks: Kraus, Elkay, Kohler..... HOWEVER. Now I am worried about going with one of those on something so permanent. One of the worst decisions I made in my last kitchen was the sink shape - impossible to change without tearing out the entire marble countertop, which clearly was not happening. I don't want to be in the same situation again if I choose a sink that starts looking shabby soon or doesn't drain well or whatever. I am reading recent reviews of very poor quality stainless, and thinking maybe right now with supply issues a Chinese sink is too great a risk? I can always upgrade the faucet or appliances, but not the sink very easily.

So I'm debating whether it's worth it to splurge on one of the actually-made-in-Europe lines of Franke or Blanco, or some other brand.... I'm looking for a single bowl tight-radius (not zero) undermount for a 36" cab so looking at Franke Professional 2 or Blanco Precision. I was originally drawn to Create Good Sinks but see they are made in China too :(

Any suggestions? Things I haven't considered?

Comments (16)