SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmcleod73

SW Uncertain Gray 6234 or Morning Fog 6255 for exterior?

Michelle P.
last year

Has anyone used these colors on exterior? I want a coastal look and I like blue, but I am too chicken to do a really blue color. I thought one of these would be a nice compromise. Trim will be SW Extra white. This is a new build and the style of home in my opinion is a craftsman. Please share any pics you have. I have scrounged the internet and have seen every photo that exits of these colors out there:) This is not a pic of my house but it is the same model.

Comments (5)

• kandrewspa
    last year

Those colors are very gray. If you really want blue those will not be right, although I think you're on the right track by leaning gray. If you choose something that looks BLUE on a paint chip it could be really overbearing on a house. Consider Aleutian. It is more blue than either of the two colors you're thinking about, but it's not a strong blue.

You will get more confidence in your choice if you sample the color in daylight. Sunlight washes colors out and also can bring out undertones that you wouldn't otherwise see. Paint a large board with two coats of the color you want to sample and hold it up to the house on all four sides. Stand back and look at it from different distances.

• chloebud
    last year
    last modified: last year

^Agree you need to test and that colors can look different in exterior light. Be cautious of purple undertones, unless that’s what you want. Make sure to factor in the roof color, too. The gray roof in your photo is nice.

• L A
    last year

Uncertain gray would be the one!!

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    last year

Never select colors from a computer screen or picture.

• Michelle P.
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks everyone, I ended up going with Colonial Revival Gray. SW 2832