SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjoyful7

Lesson learned?

Jj J
last year

Hoping for some guidance! Two months ago I bought a 1955 era bungalow, the kitchen is shown here. Not original, but quite functional for the most part. Because I have some higher priority things to take care of to ready the exterior for winter, I decided to just do a little freshen up in the kitchen to sort of make it “mine” on a very small budget. Basically, for now, that means cabinet hardware and paint, and probably a dishwasher before too long.. I found some great pulls and knobs from Top Knobs that have a sleeker look than the ones shown here, that defy looking clean.

I matched some SW paint to the cabinets and painted out the butternutty color on the soffit yesterday… and the kitchen looks bad now, making the backsplash much more noticeable without the warm color above to balance it out. Unfortunately, this is the one paint color that is not among the cans of paint left by prior owner, so I can’t just order more without the color name.
Could any of you offer some color choices that will either put me into the ballpark of the previous color without looking too harsh, or a different color family altogether that might make it a happy little kitchen again? Ordinarily, I think I have a fairly good eye for color, but this one is stumping me. As I was pulling color chips at SW the guy there just gave me a fan deck(!) but that’s almost too much choice. Suggestions welcome, and limited to paint color for the soffit, please.

Comments (13)