SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Summer torte as cupcakes?

I'm going to a garden club potluck next week and I'd like to make Marion Burros' "Summer torte" recipe using peaches, but as cupcakes so that they are automatically in single serving sizes. Easy to take and serve (I have a cupcake carrier) and easy to take any leftovers home and freeze. I just don't know if it will work though? Anyone ever done this. It's basically a rich butter cake . . .

NYT Original Plum Torte Recipe

On this link they say you can use any type of pan as long as it is at least 8 inches in diameter. I wonder why that is?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/09/14/dining/marian-burros-plum-torte-recipe-variations.html

Ingredients

Yield: 8 servings

• ¾ to 1cup sugar
  • ½cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1cup unbleached flour, sifted
  • 1teaspoon baking powder
  • Pinch of salt (optional)
  • 2eggs
  • 24halves pitted purple plums
  • Sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon, for topping

Preparation

1. Step 1 Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Step 2 Cream the sugar and butter in a bowl. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and eggs and beat well.
  3. Step 3 Spoon the batter into a springform pan of 8, 9 or 10 inches. Place the plum halves skin side up on top of the batter. Sprinkle lightly with sugar and lemon juice, depending on the sweetness of the fruit. Sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, depending on how much you like cinnamon.
  4. Step 4 Bake 1 hour, approximately. Remove and cool; refrigerate or freeze if desired. Or cool to lukewarm and serve plain or with whipped cream. (To serve a torte that was frozen, defrost and reheat it briefly at 300 degrees.)

Tip

• To freeze, double-wrap the torte in foil, place in a plastic bag and seal.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
More Discussions