SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_401159904

Any more experiences/reviews of the Keeks “Emma” Eames chair replica?

A M
last year

I am planning on buying one or two Eames Lounge Chairs of some kind, likely replicas, one for myself and one for my girlfriend for Xmas. I have ruled out Urban Furnishings/The Iconic Chair and any Curvek products due to some of the supsect or plagiarized reviews and phony posts here, as well as experiences I have read online. The same goes for anything on Amazon. That leaves the Keeks Design or an original Herman Miller chair. The problem with getting the Herman Miller is not just the cost, but my girlfriend’s lovable 1-year-old cat likes to claw leather furniture on occasion. The GF would likely keep the chair covered if she was not around, or put it somewhere where the cat has limited access or even take it to work. Even so, if something happens it is not as much of a disaster if a replica that gets clawed as it is if a $6,000 Herman Miller piece gets some feline attention. The logical thing is to get myself an original and her a replica, but obviously from an emotional standpoint I am not going to get myself something better than she has.

`I saw the very favorable comments from @Bob Visintainer regarding the Keeks Design chairs and am leaning in that direction. That is a sample size of one, though. Has anyone else bought the Keeks Design product and if so, what do you have to report, good or bad? I l know it will not be as good as a Herman Miller, but it it seems quality and if it is comfortable it will do for now! If there are any high quality replicas I have missed I would appreciate suggestions as well - except NO posts recommending I get a used vintage Eames chair for $4,000. If I am spending that much I am going to get a new one from Herman Miller, plus I can’t just conjure one out of thin air. I need something I can get when decide to pull the trigger, and that means a new chair.

Comments (3)