SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zooba72

Peony - No Buds or Bloom

zooba72
last year

Hi Everyone - I’ve read a number of articles explaining reasons why Peonies do not generate buds and bloom, but I’m still uncertain which apply to me. I'm on LI, Zone 7. About 10 years ago I transplanted a couple peony from my previous home to my current. They bloomed in their previous location. In the new location, they never bloom despite getting plenty of sun – I would say over 6 hours per day of direct sunlight.

I divided them several years ago as they were very large - I now have a bunch of them spread across the property. None bloom. I finally want to figure out why and hopefully rectify it. I’m aware they don’t react well to transplanting and I believe all of the plants have been stationary for at least 3 years. Some much longer. To be honest, I do very little maintenance. I water occasionally, and in the late fall/early winter I cut them down. No fertilizers or anything else. I don’t believe any of these are planted too deep. We do have deer, but have not seen them grazing

They're getting large again and probably will need to be divided – If anyone has suggestions, it would be appreciated. Attaching a picture. Thank you in advance

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner