SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_316777050

Historically bad paint job

HU-316777050
last year

I hired a reputable painter to paint our solid wood cabinets. his wuote was 7k and ot included spray painting all tbe droor fronts at his shop. His first install resulted in damage everywhere because he transported the cabinets before they cured. he actually installed them and left like everything was good. i came home from work and sent him pics of the damage and said this is unacceptable he also missed large areas of the kitchen including only painting one side of shelves. He gave me a hard time but his foreman came over and admitted it was the worst job he has seen. He promised to make it righr and removed everything. A week later and rhey install and they painted over the damage without sanding. it looked terrible. He clearly didn’t want to do the job correctly after the first mishap. somive spent 3 days sanding and repainting not only the cabinet drawers and doors but the base cabinets that were panted poorly. i have more work to do inclusing the base moldings that he only did one coat. we paid him 3k so far. He asked for another 1750 for my ”inconvenience”. I want to be fair but he did a terrible job. They look great niw but only becaise i took the time to do them right. These are post repair pics and there are a lot more. This damage was on 80 percent of the cabinets.

What would you recommend?

EmailSaveCommentEditDelete

Comments (7)