SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_terryberry

Frying pan recommendation for electric cooktop

Mike Terryberry
last year
last modified: last year

I just had a Samsung glass top cooktop installed. I tried using it to cook some eggs but it took a long time and I had to really crank up the heat setting for it to cook the eggs thoroughly. This shouldn't be necessary. I've since learned that some types of cookware do not transfer heat efficiently. So, I can't help but wonder if that's the issue, but I'm just speculating. I've never owned or operated a cooktop before, and I don't really know what to expect as far as performance is concerned. The frying pan I used is a T-fal. Can someone recommend a good brand of frying pan that transfers heat well using a cooktop?

As an aside, I've basically been forced to seek out help from someone on a forum such as this because I can't get any after-sales support from Samsung. I've been trying for 2 weeks (I've contacted Samsung numerous times) to have someone sent out to verify that my cooktop is working properly, but there has been no movement; just empty promises and hollow assurances. A word of warning, but it seems like if you need after-sales warranty service/repair from Samsung you're on your own. They don't seem to have any interest or desire in backing up their products. Choose a different brand.

Comments (13)