SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
westerngal1

Kitchen Design Dilemma

westerngal1
last month

Hello All, I am remodeling my kitchen and I am having issues deciding what to do with the fridge. I thought I was set but doubts.. are creeping in. My designer wants me to move it out of the site lines but doing so will cause me to take at least 6 inches inches from the entryway closet (making it unusable)...I would love to reconfigure this closet by turning it a bit but my designer doesn't deal with architect issues and I don't know how to find anyone to help me (such a small job) ..... we are doing this work ourselves.

place but I need some architectural vision.

In pic 2 you can see closet is already turned...This was moving a structural wall over about 11 inches which we decided against...you can see in Pic 4 the way my closet is currently shaped.

So that's forcing me into option B pic 1 leaving the fridge on the long wall..I'm just worried:

I don't want to be forced into buying a counter depth fridge and am I messing up a beautiful design by leaving fridge on long wall?

I like the look of pic 1 but is this a mistake to leave fridge here if I have other options?

Then I thought maybe if I did move fridge just have a shallow entryway closet and add some nice closet built in's just on the other side of the pantry ..see pics.

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars80 Reviews
Award winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center in DMV area