SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_20335

Primary Bathroom Dilemma

Clearwater Mercantile
last year
last modified: last year

Hello!

I'm back with another struggle with the house plans for our home remodel/rebuild. The company we hired should be ashamed to call themselves home designers. Anyway....in urgent need of suggestions for a primary suite bathroom. The layout, not that it is framed and very soon being plumbed is rather disappointing. Both the shower and the tub feel like after thoughts, and the window size/spacing is "interesting" to say the least. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. We have a designer involved, but even she is not coming up with a suggestion. The house is 5800 sq ft, and this is one of two primary suites, but will be the one we use, so more important. The bathroom sits on the third floor with large windows and a gorgeous view of a mountain, trees, and valley below. I will also add that I am a tub person...I enjoy a daily soak in the bathtub and want to ensure that this is considered in the design ideas. I am tall and find that I prefer tubs in the 66" and up length. I will attach a floor plan in a moment. I apologize for the rudimentary drawing; we are playing with Houzz Pro to make revisions to the building plans, but all primary suite dimensions are accurate. I would consult with an architect on the plan, vs. the home design firm we had hired, but we could not find one who could work within our timeline, or even take on a consult, by the time we realized we were not in good hands we had executed our construction loan.....yadda, yadda, yadda. Stopping project to fully redesign was a battle I lost to my husband Paul, so here we are. Any thoughts, besides how naive we are, would be appreciated. I'm heartbroken this is turning out so quirky. Thank you.

Comments (17)