SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Some rebloom and some late bloomers

Forgive me if I have posted photos of these earlier but with so little in bloom, I just had to get a few pix. The weather has cooled off and we got a little rain (not nearly enough) so the flowers look pretty good. Traditionally Aug. 15 is the last day I pollinate flowers, but as long as I have some like these, I will continue for a while.

This is Candy Bandit on rebloom.

Catching Fire is also on rebloom. One of the flowers today tried to double.

Fox Lake Fantasy is on its last blooms.

I have been very impressed with Delinquent Doll. It has bloomed well (the clump is not very big) and the flowers have stayed consistently large.

Mango Crush has also been impressive. It has not achieved published stats yet, but it was only planted in May of '21. The color is hard to photograph--more of a coral pink than this photo shows. It's not a fancy flower, but it is a nice size.

Raggedy Man is always one of our last bloomers. It has not done as well this year, maybe because of the weather or because I routinely load it down with pods. The flowers have been a little paler too, but today's flowers were nice.

Here is one diploid for today. This is It's Glad Cows Don't Fly. I really don't like the name but the flower is nice.

These last two are sibling seedlings--Ruffled Strawberry Parfait X Sonoran Desert Rose.

This seedling had 55 inch scapes when it was moved last season. It's not as tall this year, but it is still nicely branched and budded. The flowers are a bit variable in color as these two show.

That's all for me.

Nancy

Comments (9)