SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sabigabatini

Lighting or input re how to enhance color of new kitchen countertops

sabigabatini
last year
last modified: last year

For context the cabinets and backsplash are white, flooring is pale amber bamboo.

I'm getting a new polished quartz countertop in the kitchen that has a subtle blue (sometimes reads a tad green), with white & beige here and there, and impregnated (intermittent) sparkle. I saw the stone quartz slab at the stone yard, and it looked beautifully subtle blue-green as I expected.

Currently there are 3 evenly spaced halogen (or LED) pendants over the U-shaped counter’s seating area (about 8 feet long). Plus one ceiling can bulb in the center of the kitchen. There are Xenon undercabinet lights too (which I rarely turn on).

The kitchen faces open to the living room which has large glass sliding doors to the outside so a lot of natural light in the entire space though the sun does not “hit” the kitchen counters directly.

My question concerns the new countertop color. The sample I have reads more gray in my space. How do I bring out or enhance the subtle blue color of the counters when it’s in my kitchen? I realize (some of) the issue may be a matter of the lighting I have in the kitchen.

The 3 counter pendants are halogen pin bulbs with about 2800k Kevlar and I don’t know if they (or LEDs?) come much whiter/cooler than that - to fit into their sockets (2-pin sockets, GY6). Hoping the ideal answer isn’t to buy different pendant lights to accommodate different bulbs.

Any other ideas for how to bring out the blue in the counter? Whether related to the bulbs or something entirely different.

Thanks for any suggestions.

The quartz:

my samples

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor