jasdip1

Sunday's Brain Game----Solution

Jasdip
last year
last modified: last year

Comments (42)

• bpath
    last year

Well, I think I have the bonus for a change. But hardly any of the others, for a change. I’m only halfway through my first cup of coffee, and I predict this puzzle will see me going through the whole pot!

Good morning, jasdip, and thanks!

• lettersatoz
    last year

Good Morning and Happy Sunday!

I have the bonus - yay!

Stuck on 2, 5, 6, 7 and 8 at the moment. (if we’re numbering left to right, top to bottom)

• lettersatoz
    last year

Oooh, I have ’an’ answer for 6 and 7; a (probably bad) guess for 5; still nothing for 2 or 8.

• blfenton
    last year

First run through and I got nothing. We've had the gobble gobble one before and I don't even have that.

• bpath
    last year

Pot of coffee is nearly empty, and I have pretty good guesses for 8 of them. Maybe my evening wine will loosen the brain cells and I’ll get the rest. Or, Monday morning coffe. Not giving up!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last year

I think I have them all including the bonus…but I’ve thought that before. Thanks Jasdip.

tj

• User
    last year

Happy Think About Infinity Day to all! It could be a very long day indeed.

I’ve got guesses for all of them but that doesn’t mean a darn thing. 😁

Thanks, Jasdip

• blfenton
    last year

Well I might actually have something for the bonus.

• foodonastump
    last year

I think I have 8 from the puzzle and no bonus. I’ll be back!

• bpath
    last year

DH is in IT. He may have given me a hint for #8. If he’s right.

• Rusty
    last year

I have guesses for everything except #8 and the bonus.

Rusty

• bpath
    last year

Bedtime, so hopefully tomorrow’s coffee yields me 2, 4, 5, 8, and maybe something better for 3.

• User
    last year

#8 had me stumped.

I’ve just done some research (homework) on the old Google and have come up with a guess. Never in a million years would I have figured it out on my own and I’m still not sure if I have.

#4 guess is pretty weak ☹️

Tomorrow is another day. 🌞

• Rusty
    last year

Thanks for the idea, roxsol, I followed your lead and went Googling, which gives me an idea for #8. No way I'd ever come up with that on my own, but I'll go with it. For now.

Rusty

• OutsidePlaying
    last year

I have a few of them but not near enough. Most of my guesses are pretty lame. And maybe the bonus for a change.

• blfenton
    last year

I have a guess for #8 but it's a real stretch. I know what the letter/numbers mean but.....

• blfenton
    last year

I am completely stumped on #9.

• lettersatoz
    last year

blfenton, in my opinion 9 is depicted kind of backwards, assuming I'm right about the answer. I might have written it as "foindieod" though that's sort of a stretch of the pronunciation.

I'm still stumped on 2 -- anyone have any good hints for that one? I'm also not liking my answer for 5 and am sure there must be something better. ?

• bpath
    last year

I thought 9 was backwards, too, but instead I used a comma to make it “right”.

I think, maybe, I know the first part of 8, and I have ideas for the second part but in googling, I can’t find a real-life usage. Hmm.

Absolutely no clue for 5, and I’d need some kind of accent to make my idea for 4 work.

EDITED my clues that I can’t get, because I also can’t count.

HOWEVER, after roxsol’s comment below, I am changing my answer for 2.

• User
    last year

I agree with the comma.

I think 8 could be something one would enjoy doing in 2.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last year

My first thought for 8 was what rox just hinted at, but since I overthink these, it may be something Ralphie would use.

tj

• User
    last year

Okay, now I’m trying to figure out what tsu is getting at. Ralphie Wiggum, Ralphie from A Christmas Story, Ralph Klein, Ralph Malph?

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last year

Christmas Story.

tj

• User
    last year

Ahh. Yes! (I had to a bit of research as I’m not that into gems and jewellery) But, yes I can see that working tsu!

• bpath
    last year

That was my first guess for 8, but he had to undo it, so Annie would have had 8, and Ralphie would have an extra syllable.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

I don't know if any of you got #8. I'm lost..... The letters must mean a colour.

1 – Unbroken

2 – Highchair

3 – Foul language

4 – Summer

5 – Cattle (cat ill)

6 – Four seasons

7 – Mutate

8 – Coloring/ For coloring.

9 – Indian food

10 – The underdog

11 – The birds and the bees

12 – Tripod.

And...... Extrovert

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last year

4 Black adders

5 Sick spell

I got the rest.

tj

• bpath
    last year

Coloring! I should have googled more than the first one!

• User
    last year

5 Catscan. I was not happy with that.

4 Tours. Not happy with that either.

And extravert for the bonus but that is the same as extrovert.

Got the rest.

• User
    last year

👍 Black adders !

• User
    last year

Thank you, Jasdip 🤠

• bpath
    last year

8 is hex code. DH gave me that, and I googled the first to see that it is red. I should have googled the others, and maybe, must maybe, eventually, I might have gotten the answer!

• bpath
    last year

3, I had bird calls, nowing it wasn’t right.

4, closest I could get was ”awesome”, probably because I was thinking about the ”when did this become acceptable” thread and considering accents.

5, nope, I had nothin’.

But, I had the BONUS!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

Wow - got the bonus for a change 😃

How is it 'coloring'? I don't get that one at all. I had 'numbers ring'.

And 'cattle'???

And thanks again, Jasdip 🙂

• blfenton
    last year

#4 rock 'n roll

#5 cat scan

#8 ring tone - I knew the hex codes stood for colour formulas but wound up with ring tone although it was backwards.

#10 The top dog.

Best part - I actually got the bonus!

Thanks Jasdip - fun as always

• patriciae_gw
    last year

I did get the bonus for a change. Easy. Gad, but Coloring? Please explain. Cat ill, hmmmm. Dim view.

• blfenton
    last year

I can explain colouring for you. If you google one of the serial number/letter combinations it will show you a colour and the formula for that colour (technically they're called the hex colour codes) something which I just happened to know. So then you have colour - ring or colouring.

• User
    last year

So the answer could be Hex Ring as well, I suppose. A pretty good answer, too.

• lettersatoz
    last year

Never did get 2 - duh!!!

I only got 4 because last week we had ’summary’ (Mary + Mary =) , so I solved this the same way.

I had catscan for 5 but knew it wouldnt be right.

And for 8, I googled them all so knew they were colors, but was literally just typing ”but what does the ring have to do with anything” when it dawned on me - haha - cute. Got the rest.

Thanks, Jasdip!

• Rusty
    last year

I had 'cat scan' for #5, too, and frankly, I think it is a much better answer than 'cattle'. And after Googling the numbers and letters in #8, I did actually come up with 'for coloring'. I didn't get the bonus, though, and that makes me feel really dumb now that I know the answer, and it seems so obvious.

Rusty

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

True - I was thinking of 'CAT scan' as well, but that doesn't make sense either. The only thing I can imagine is that if you're used to reading right to left, it would work. I do notice the ESL designation on the bottom right of the graphic, so I'm guessing these are designed for English learners...?

• patriciae_gw
    last year

Thank you BL