SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amy_counihan

Leaning Fiddle Leaf Fig

Amy C
last year
last modified: last year

Hi there! New to this discussion board. I'm here worried about my fiddle leaf fig.

I have had it for approximately 2 years and it has grown fabulously. I've never repotted it and it has grown about 3 feet taller with many new leaves since the day I brought it home. 2 days ago it was time to water it. I did what I always do and put it in my bathtub, watered it until it drained out the bottom, then put it back in front of the window. When I came back to it a few hours later, it was suddenly leaning as pictured below. Previously it was standing straight and tall. It's never leaned before. As soon as I saw it, I turned the pot so that the lean is away from the sun, hoping that it'll correct itself by pulling back upwards toward the light. In addition, I've been shaking the branches every time I walk by now to encourage them to strengthen.

What are your thoughts? Should I stake it or give it more time to hopefully straighten itself out? I don't understand why it happened so suddenly. I also added a picture of what it looks like in the pot currently. I'm not sure if repotting right now would make the issue worse. My dog is apparently also very upset about it haha

Comments (3)