SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_29068705

Post a fun photo!

User
last year
last modified: last year

Waffles! I make extra sourdough levain just so I can make waffles. The waffle iron is an antique Westinghouse iron I got from the Toaster Guy in NYC. He rebuilds classics. These are 9” square! Giant. The double recipe from King Arthur makes 7 giant waffles I freeze and reheat in the toaster.

Comments (98)

• party_music50
    last year

User thanked party_music50
  • party_music50
    last year

I felt like weaving a small basket and decided to make it in the style of a Cherokee double wall. I took pics along the way so that you can see how they're constructed. I start by weaving/shaping the base and then the sides.... then I weave a top rim and turn all the spokes in the other direction, so that I can weave a completely different outside (wall). These are like 3-D doodles for me.... fun. lol!

• Related Discussions

Just for fun post your harvest pictures from this season!

Q

Comments (4)
    I love posts like this! I just planted my fruit trees, so I don't have anything to post yet, but I can't wait to see what others trees and fruits look like. If you could, please post the variety names as well if you know them. Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden
    ...See More

Fun photos of summer visitors

Q

Comments (14)
    THANK YOU for your comments. I've been busy with my new grandbaby lately but will be posting more photos soon. About the frogs: They really are our 'pets' as strange as that sounds. I have 2 watergardens which are all natural and have no filtration systems so the frogs come from everywhere to take a dip. Each little pond has about a dozen or so 'residents' which stay all summer. They are fun to watch since they like to cuddle up when they climb onto the rocks to bask in the sun. They are incredibly tame and don't mind my getting right up close. I really enjoy them. Celeste
    ...See More

X-post: More fun than a Sub-zero!

Q

Comments (0)
    Fun read in our local paper, and there's a few photos to illustrate Terziev's work: European native digs culinary caves at local homes Nancy Davis Kho to the SF Chronicle, February 12, 2012 (Excerpt) When Ellen Freeman wants to bring out a bottle of wine during a dinner party at her home in Marin County, the simple act becomes an occasion. "I say, 'I'm going to my cave.' " Naturally, everyone wants to come along. "It's a lot more bang for the buck than reaching into the refrigerator," Freeman says. Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking Forum: Culinary Caves
    ...See More

x-posted: Find a Fun Bathroom Mirror?

Q

Comments (4)
    Here's the vanity. It's 28" wide.As for the mirror, I'm not necessarily looking for the expected type for this bathroom. I'm maybe looking for something fun and funky but not garish.
    ...See More
  • Jilly
    last year

Party, I’m so in awe of your talent. Thank you for showing the process!

Do you sell any you make?

• petalique
    last year

Spanish, a Maltese?

User thanked petalique
  • petalique
    last year

Screenshot

User thanked petalique
  • just_terrilynn
    last year

The whole family was together at my sons today. We had fun at brealfast. I did a ”sort of” English style. My diet has been completely destroyed this weekend.

User thanked just_terrilynn
  • Kswl
    last year

Your basket is beautiful and the craftsmanship is impressive, Party. Where did you learn to do that?

• JustDoIt
    last year

Been doing Keto. Here is my burger using a Chaffle made with almond flour, egg and mayo made on a Dash:

Samples · More Info

User thanked JustDoIt
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

My friend has been doing keto for years and has been very successful. I could never cut my fruit consumption down to just berries, cherries and cantaloupe. Wow. And don't get me started on bread. But we had a loverly dinner and it sure works for her.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

I had not seen this before but kids tell me it's "an oldie." (Insert your own question)

User thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    last year

@petalique Maltese and -based on attitude - Chihuahua. Maybe some Yorkie. Betty is either Shitzu & Poodle or Maltise or something of the sort.

User thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • petalique
    last year

Thanks. Spanish. Pup looks PMM — from where did you get her/him? name? I took in an abandoned PMM (Maltese) a while back. he was a wonderful pup. I was not going to keep him, but he’d been abandoned on out wooded hillside and I believe his shitzu brother was gobbled up by a local coyote. The dog was afraid, unkempt with filthy matted hair and had profound separartion anxiety. My neighbor too him in but couldn’t keep him because he barded all night. She had him in a crate in her kitchen and he was so traumatized. She had to wake at 4:30 AM for an hour‘scommute to work. I took him in and saw how needy and traumatized he was. It took me hours to vertially slice through his matted hair ( I wanted to leave as mushnas possible). I put him in his crate next to our bed. The next day I bathed him (I have killer monster back pain, 24/7/365 so this was a sacrifice ;-)

I wanted to find him a dependable forever home, but saw his emotiinal needs were huge and I was retired and cojld be with him all the time — so I committed to him. He was a sweet, loving pup. Chew holes in quilts, seatbelt, new slacks, on and on, Darn! But I’d bonded with the sweet dog. I think he was a PMM — Puppy Mill Maltese. Probably from one of those PM’s in Penna.

I half wanted to murder the freaking creep who left him on a wooded spit of road in woodlands that was packed with coyotes, bobcats and fishers. Stupid cruelty so distresses me. If I were to ever come unhinged and turn homicidal, it would be because I witnessed somebody torturing or mistreating a child, human, or living creature.

I have some good photos of little man, but most are on other devises.

Do your pups have lots of personality? All my cats and dogs have been foundlings or rescues. All have been the very best. Good conversations, entertainment, and one saved my life (I believe).

I love all animals and wildlife. No domestucated pets now, but cottontails, wild turkeys with poults, RBG (not Ruth Bader Ginsberg, by Rose Breasted grossbeaks), and some berry gobbling friendly catbirds.

I trust Betty and _____ give you great company, love and friendship (exchanged). Please give them an ear scratch for me.

• party_music50
    last year

Thanks, jinx. Yes, I‘ve sold a huge number of my baskets. All proceeds to charity. :) I also donate baskets to a lot of different charity auctions, and I give away a lot as gifts. I like to get special requests!

Thanks, Kswl. I taught myself from experimentation, books, and the internet.

• Kswl
    last year

Wow, party, self taught—that’s imptressive!,

User thanked Kswl
  • party_music50
    last year

Thank you, Kswl -- I enjoyed the challenge!

jinx, I know what to make for you, but it will take me quite a while. What are some of your favorite colors? :)

• Jilly
    last year

Party, you are so sweet! I’d love to buy one (again, you’re the sweetest for giving proceeds to charity). ❤️

I truly love all colors. I decorate with earth tones, in any color at all.

I’m so excited! Wow, I’ll cherish it forever. Thank you so much! 🥰

User thanked Jilly
  • nini804
    last year

What a fun thread! 😊

@User I just adore the name ”Vivienne,” especially spelled that way. 💕

@Sueb20 I am in love with your dog….

I don’t have any funny pictures, but dh & I just got back from a long weekend at Bald Head after dropping dd at college. I have NEVER seen the sky this blue down here in August…usually there is this milky haze from the humidity, but a front had just come through.

User thanked nini804
  • mary_lu_gw
    last year

We recently purchased a camper on a seasonal, lakefront site. DH gets up early so he gets some wonderful sunrise pictures

User thanked mary_lu_gw
  • User
    Original Author
    last year

• Feathers11
    last year

I get immense pleasure from this giant pot of herbs on my patio. Today I snipped parsley, rosemary, thyme and oregano for a pot of Rancho Gordo Royal Corona beans.

The beans…

User thanked Feathers11
  • party_music50
    last year

My mother asked me to take her old porch hall tree. It has a folk art look to me, but it’s small and I think I can squeeze it in somewhere useful — maybe on my back porch. It’s currently just in a safe spot. I cleaned the wood and never thought to clean the mirror. lol! :)

• nicole___
    last year

It's rained every day. Aspen gets taken for "walks" and got his BIG 'ole feet wet.

• User
    Original Author
    last year

Curb find while we were walking to the gym this morning. It’s in great condition the grapevine is 30” across. May need to remove a few of the flowers😳

• User
    Original Author
    last year

DH stir fry! he and the wok have been in my life 51 years… Yummy on all counts.

• nicole___
    last year

I was @ Dollar Tree, in a wealthy area....little girl has an "exotic" cat....giving itself a bath.

User thanked nicole___
  • Ally De
    last year

We had just brought our new puppy home. He settled in instantly and became BFF's with his big sister. This photo is from about 30 seconds after his tiny paws hit the ground in his forever home - they started playing instantly. I love the joy from both of them.

User thanked Ally De
  • beaglesdoitbetter
    last year

Beach weekend :)

User thanked beaglesdoitbetter
  • Kswl
    last year

Oh, how adorable those two are! And how lovely that Arya seems to have a disposition equally as sunny as her brother 🌻

• OutsidePlaying
    last year

Oh beagles, that is an adorable photo of B & A, with Molly sitting/laying at guard.

I’ll share a proud g’ma moment which made me smile with joy yesterday. DGD is working on her MBA this year, received a grad assistanceship, and is living her best life.

User thanked OutsidePlaying
  • Feathers11
    last year

Congratulations, Outside! That's wonderful. It's so nice to read good news.

• Sueb20
    last year

From New Orleans…

User thanked Sueb20
  • Sueb20
    last year

DD taking a pic of a cow last summer in Asheville.

User thanked Sueb20
  • dedtired
    last year

Outside, good for her. Im sure you are busting your buttons!

Beagles, those kids. Arya has grown so much.

User thanked dedtired
  • petalique
    last year

Sueb20, Wasn’t that guy one of the Jan 6 Capitol ”tourists?”

User thanked petalique
  • petalique
    last year

Ice & Spring Water

But not to drink on this hot August day.

It’s for this.

A wasp stung my thumb!

User thanked petalique
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

oh no petal! sorry to hear that

• petalique
    last year

Mtn — you have one of ?? The feather hats?

Mtn, Your hubs is right. Your DD is pretty — get her some braces, thick ugly eyeglasses, maybe some tooth yellowing gel. She looks very pretty (and self possessed).

Your dinner and flowers look wonderful. Yum! I’m very hungry now. (I adore zinnias, btw.)

User thanked petalique
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Oops, that was for party --- the hall tree or whatever those are called.

• maddielee
    last year

I have this thing about loving pictures taken from the back.

This is an old one. Both of these marvelous, smart, perfect, creatures are now college students.

User thanked maddielee
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Oh Maddie that is breathtaking. I agree with you about those kinds of shots ... maybe because they appear to be in thought and it feels candid.

• petalique
    last year

I agree, Maddie and Mtn. It’s as though we can share in their peaceful moment — perhaps vicariously and wishfully partake of their having their life before them, fresh and expansive as the ocean ahead.

User thanked petalique
  • Kswl
    last year

That’s a lovely picture, Maddielee, those sisters are adorable even from behind!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

I don't recall if I posted this before. Our darling Clementine resting her weary head.

• teeda
    last year

We’re at our Adirondack lake house. Spotted this adorable mailbox while biking around yesterday!

User thanked teeda
  • Bestyears
    last year

DS (30) sent this today -he’s enjoying his four day workweek as a software engineer. Happy for him…,

Also, Teeda, I remember from a post long, long ago (when I was looking to vacation in the Adirondacks) that you live in Saranac Lake. Since that time, we've actually bought a place in Lake Placid. We are going to spend about a month there in October, and I'm wondering if you would be open to emailing so that I can pick your brain about some exploration I'd like to do. Thank you in advance. I'll post the email addy I use for junk purposes here, and once we connect, I'll share my real one with you. Thank you in advance! xxxxxxx@gmail.com

User thanked Bestyears
  • teeda
    last year

Hi Bestyears, yes we are in Saranac Lake! I would love to chat about the area. I will send you an email so that you have mine.

• gigitn
    last year

So happy with how this little vignette turned out. I found this set of four botanical prints on the big A for $16.99 (!!) and put them in some frames from Michael's (50% off, of course) and I'm so pleased with how it all came together! We downsized to a condo last year, and I'm still playing around with everything.

User thanked gigitn
  • gracefullyaged
    last year

@gigitn These are my A botanicals w/Michael's frames. Obviously, your frames look better!!

Would you mind sending a link to your frames if possible, please??

I see mine also need to be scrunched closer to the mirror or something. Had no idea it would be so helpful to see a pic. LOL

User thanked gracefullyaged
  • gigitn
    last year

Looks great, gracefullyaged! I sent you a message.

• badgergal
    last year

Came across this colorful place last week in Northern Wisconsin.

User thanked badgergal