SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawebbie

Toilet not centered, how bad is it?

Anon Fromca
last year

Our custom vanity quote is at around 12k a piece, and we want to just buy vanities instead for kids bath (otherwise it's 36k). The vanity space is 63" and 66" (the other one is standard size, many options), and I'd like to get a 60" vanities for the two baths. On one side of the vanity is a wall, and on the other side is toilet centered between vanity and shower/tub. Toilet holes and sconces wiring have been completed with sconces intended to be centered around the vanity. Should I have the 60" vanity centered at the original center line, or should I have no gap against the wall and increase the gap with the toilet? We won't move the toilet hole, but can move the sconces a bit, say an inch. The bath with the 63" space doesn't need storage; so I can also use a small vanity or floating sink but the gap with toilet would be larger; though I think maybe I can find a filler, eg a standing shelf to fill the space.
I just stayed at a Hilton and noticed that their vanity had a gap against the wall and the toilet was centered; but the trash can placed between vanity and toilet was very cramped. The gap against the wall was not an eyesore (we had to look for it critically to notice it). What to do?

Comments (18)