SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Interesting call from a detective in Waco about our old car

Oakley
last year

Can any of you sleuths figure out this mystery? Yesterday a detective from Waco called regarding an old car we traded in for a new one in 2019 at local dealership. I loved the car and drove it for 15 years, mileage around 75,000, but it was rusting from inside out so we let DS2 drive it. :)

DH and DS2 went to the dealership together, I stayed home. Both of our names are on the title but DH signed it over to the dealer for the trade in, and drove off with a newer car.

The detective "found" the car, not sure if a perp was inside or not, lol, but it's still registered in our name. He told me dealerships never sell a car without a proper title, it's unheard of. I gave him the name of the dealership. We had some small talk, we were both very interested in how my old car is still in our name.

I know dealerships do sell old cars to Mexico at auction, but do they also sell a car under the table? Cash, no title?

I'm not calling the dealership since it's here in town because I'm afraid I ratted them out, but something's not right. ;) The dealership's name isn't on the title.

Comments (16)