SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_298680893

What neutral paint color downstairs?

Lisa G
last year

Hi everyone! I am new to interior design and need help picking a paint color for our home interior. I am planning to swap out wall decor, etc. in the next year to be more transitional and am looking for a nice neutral wall color. I love white walls but don’t know if that would be too harsh. Fireplace, doors and trim are painted a very bright, clean white (SW extra white). Right now our walls are painted SW Summer Seude…a very tan brown color with yellow undertones. Our kitchen granite is attached as well which has some yellow. I’d like to brighten it up.

Just fyi…I plan to get another kitchen table that is less busy. Our house has a very strange layout. I am using the formal dining room as an office so we eat in the main kitchen area. We also plan to redo our backsplash to a nice creamy subway tile, not as dark.

Any ideas for paint color? I have a terrible eye so I have trouble visualizing. I’ve used the apps and still can’t struggle.

I love the look of SW Alabaster but don’t know if that will work or if it’s too bright.

Comments (3)